Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Saving tips

• 11-10-2014 11:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭walshyp

1) Instead of showering or a bath clean yourself with a rag on a stick. Alternatively the river or sea.
    2) Take a piss outside or in a jug and empty outside.
    3) If a number two poo into a bag and discard by flinging it down the road or out your window. Alternatively ****e in your garden or a neighbors garden.
    4) Lick your plates and cutlery clean
    5) Leave barrels outside to collect rainwater to wash your clothes in and also fill your jacks(if not taking earlier advice). Especially effective if you collect rain through your houses water gutters.
    6) If shaving, brushing your teeth use the gutter/rainwater.
    7) If you drink tea/coffee stop drinking them.
    8) Fill up big bottles of water from work and sneak the water out in a rucksack.
    9) If thirsty do a Bear Grills
    10) Dig a well.

Any other savings tips?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭ohohseven

Blast everyone with piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

oooooook

How about when it rains everyone runs outside and has a quick shower too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Drink from the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

No.4 on your list was the most useful and practical. Well, my dog licks the cutlery and plates and bowls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Stop burning energy by creating yet another frigging water thread thus saving on the need to rehydrate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

No.4 on your list was the most useful and practical. Well, my dog licks the cutlery and plates and bowls.

In my house he'd lick the 12-bore last. Filthy, disgusting malarkey.

I'm a die hard dog fan and that's still gross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Tap into your neighbours mains while the husband is out working.

Get one of those 1000litre bulk liquid containers, put it on to a trailer and drive round to the nearest fire hydrant, fill it up then drive home and hook it up to the house water system. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fill up the cistern in your jacks using the left over water from your condenser dryer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Go to the dry cleaners instead of using a washing machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Shower with a group

Go to the dry cleaners instead of using a washing machine

Dry cleaning regular clothes is a waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Buy the Aldi sh1twater/drinkwater converter in the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Dry cleaning regular clothes is a waste of time and money.

Really?

Isn't there people employed in dry cleaning that might otherwise be on the dole?

Really?

Isn't there people employed in dry cleaning that might otherwise be on the dole?

What has the dole got to do with dry cleaning. Do you know what dry cleaning is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Drink beer instead of water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What has the dole got to do with dry cleaning. Do you know what dry cleaning is?

Self explanatory...your clothes are washed and dried.

kneemos wrote: »

So dry cleaning now involves a liquid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

Piss in the toilet cistern and when its full flush your sh1t with your piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

If its yellow let it mellow, if its brown let it flush :P

moxin wrote: »
    What about after a night on the Guinness?

If it's black .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

walshyp wrote: »
    1) Instead of showering or a bath clean yourself with a rag on a stick. Alternatively the river or sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

What about after a night on the Guinness?

If it's black .....

If its green better get seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Wash yourself with milk instead of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I think I'm gonna vomit.

[__________________]

A person could have a quick cold shower, wouldn't be as tempted to stay in there as long as in hot water.

Just drive a crow bar through the meter, this can happen constantly. Sure accidents happen in bed.

kneemos wrote: »

Um....that's not what dry cleaning is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

My dog is very fond of licking me, nearly all over me to: my face, neck, arms, chest, legs. Just any exposed skin. She even went for a lick on my underarm but I had to stop her there. Might save washing myself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

moxin wrote: »
    If it's black, send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm a die hard dog fan and that's still gross
    Our dog was known to eat poo and we still gave her plates/a plate :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Buy a rainwater collector and use that for gardening tasks. If you're replacing the toilet get one with the two stage flush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

We could all do this , only problem for me is I can't dance,

Rainmaking is a weather modification ritual that attempts to invoke rain.

Among the most well known examples of weather modification rituals are North American rain dances, historically performed by many Native American tribes, particularly in the Southwestern United States. Some of these weather modification rituals are still implemented today.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainmaking_(ritual)

In the summer months don't fill your kids paddling pool with water. Piss in it instead.

Dry cleaning is any cleaning process for clothing and textiles using a chemical solvent other than water. The solvent used is typically tetrachloroethylene (perchloroethylene), which the industry calls "perc" or "PERC". It is used to clean delicate fabrics that cannot withstand the rough and tumble of a washing machine and clothes dryer; it can also eliminate labor-intensive hand washing.
    A dry-cleaning machine is similar to a combination of a domestic washing machine, and clothes dryer. Garments are placed in the washing or extraction chamber (referred to as the "basket" or "drum"), which constitutes the core of the machine. The washing chamber contains a horizontal, perforated drum that rotates within an outer shell. The shell holds the solvent while the rotating drum holds the garment load. The basket capacity is between about 10 and 40 kg (20 to 80 lb).[citation needed]

During the wash cycle, the chamber is filled approximately one-third full of solvent and begins to rotate, agitating the clothing. The solvent temperature is maintained at 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit), as a higher temperature may damage it. During the wash cycle, the solvent in the chamber (commonly known as the "cage" or "tackle box") is passed through a filtration chamber and then fed back into the "cage". This is known as the cycle and is continued for the wash duration. The solvent is then removed and sent to a distillation unit consisting of a boiler and condenser. The condensed solvent is fed into a separator unit where any remaining water is separated from the solvent and then fed into the "clean solvent" tank. The ideal flow rate is roughly 8 liters of solvent per kilogram of garments per minute, depending on the size of the machine.

I never really thought about it before...

• Advertisement

When waiting for the water to get hot in the shower/basin collect the running water in a bucket or something else. Use this water for flushes, watering cans, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

You can conserve water by not using as much of it.

I'm really good at giving tips

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

Piss out the window

In the morning, when there is dew on the grass still, run around your garden with a bucket and sponge like a lunatic soaking all of the precious liquid up before the dastardly sun uses its powers to levitate it away.

Use the showers at work/gym, anywhere else but home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't flush your toilet after every piddle, and tell the family not to either.

Wait until the water is a real dark green colour and/or a scum is starting to form on it before flushing.

Should be able to get close to a week out of it between flushes.

Of course this doesn't address the problem of No.2's. As long as they are below the waterline, do you really need to flush?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

NIMAN wrote: »

Wait until the water is a real dark green colour and/or a scum is starting to form on it before flushing.

Of course this doesn't address the problem of No.2's. As long as they are below the waterline, do you really need to flush?

Do your poo's in a bag and bin them?

I say don't flush until whatever is in there is tickling your arse hole when you sit down.

Or if you have two toilets in the house, pee in one and flush it once a week.

Or if you have two toilets in the house, pee in one and flush it once a week.

I have three, should I just piss in the sink?

The maths behind this is confusing, please advise :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have three, should I just piss in the sink?

The maths behind this is confusing, please advise :(

pee in one, poo in the other

ryanf1 wrote: »
    pee in one, poo in the other

Yes, this is it

Piss into the kettle, makes grand water for tay.

Piss into the kettle, makes grand water for tay.

Stop, that's gross.

Stop, that's gross.

Sure when it boils it kills off all the germs, the mains water in your tap is recycled piss full of chemicals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement