Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Saving tips

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes, this is it

Only problem with this method is if your bowels move more than once a day you would have a bit of an overflow by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Sure when it boils it kills off all the germs, the mains water in your tap is recycled piss full of chemicals.

Its Sunday morning, I don't need this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Pony problem with this method is if your bowels move more than once a day you would have a bit of an overflow by the end of the week.

You obviously flush the toilet you crap into. Not the toilet you pee into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Its Sunday morning, I don't need this.

A tip is a tip, sacrifices will have to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Place a large sheet of hard plastic/light metal half ways up roof, at the end of the sheet have it turned up so it creates a channel. At the end have an outlet connected to a pipe that in turn connects to a tank in the attic. Use this tank for everything except drinking water.

In the rare case of no rain, have a mains water fed connected to the tank also but it would normally be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Sure when it boils it kills off all the germs, the mains water in your tap is recycled piss full of chemicals.
    What germs?

Just build an outside privvy over the septic tank, solves the water issue completely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

****e in a bucket and leave the bucket somewhere warm until your logs have dried out (the airing cupboard maybe) and then fling them at passers-by screaming 'Irish Water won't get nathin off me!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

If its silver,

you've got mercury poisioning.

• Advertisement

'If it's red,

both of your parents are dead.'

I'm sorry, it was a horrific scene and they suffered quite a bit. I don't like the water rhymes game any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

When in a pinch use a different element like fire or air

shíte in a bucket and leave the bucket somewhere warm until your logs have dried out (the airing cupboard maybe) and then fling them at passers-by screaming 'Irish Water won't get nathin off me!'
    Why throw it away, if you've dried it then put it on the fire with the turf.

Adult nappies and when used throw them into the recycling bin, get rid of the toilet altogether.

Nothing beats the smell of a lovely open fire piled high with a load of ****e logs.

The true meaning of Christmas right there

And keep a few on the mantlepiece. They look good at Christmas with a Santa hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

ALiasEX wrote: »
    And keep a few on the mantlepiece. They look good at Christmas with a Santa hat.

You could stick a candle in them and have a real Christmas log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Today is National Asshole Awareness Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ryanf1 wrote: »
    pee in one, poo in the other

Unless you are some sort of freak, its impossible to poo without peeing, so both toilets are going to get some pee.

What about crapping in the shower and stamping on it til it goes down the plughole?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Unless you are some sort of freak, its impossible to poo without peeing, so both toilets are going to get some pee.

What about crapping in the shower and stamping on it til it goes down the plughole?

You could plug yourself, pee first and pull the plug when you get to the second one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I have three, should I just piss in the sink?

The maths behind this is confusing, please advise :(

Look at this fancy fcuker with his three toilets! No recession in your house, ha?!

• Advertisement

5 toilets in our house. I'm asking Santa for another one for Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Put a water displacement device in the toilet cistern i.e. a brick. Your average flush takes 10 litres of water - or a large watering can full. Two bricks could save a litre a flush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Move into a hotel suite and use their facilities for washing, peeing and pooing, thus cunningly avoiding pesky water charges altogether. Also dry-clean all your clothes. Hah, sorted. Fcuk you Irish Water, Fcuk you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

NIMAN wrote: »

Cant argue with that, happens me a lot. But your only losing 1 or 2 pee's a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Get dual switches installed on your toilet pot. The ones I have use 2lt for a quick flush and 3lt for a full flush but they are high powered flushes. The 3lt is even good enough to get rid of Guinness after a session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

Pee in the sink while having a shave. Multitasking, saving time and water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fnietzsche

use the grey water from the shower to flush the toilet it might require some replumbing but it should mean you will never need new water to flush again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

fnietzsche wrote: »
    use the grey water from the shower to flush the toilet it might require some replumbing but it should mean you will never need new water to flush again

Just use the shower as a toilet. Saves you from lots of plumbing.

Just use the shower as a toilet. Saves you from lots of plumbing.

try defecating in the shower its not really an option. another option is to install a sink over the toilet like in america. the grey water from the sink goes into the cistern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

try defecating in the shower its not really an option. another option is to install a sink over the toilet like in america. the grey water from the sink goes into the cistern

You need to add more indian food to your diet. Your ass will look like the Japanese flag but easier to "flush"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

piss in the sink to wash yer dishes

You need to add more indian food to your diet. Your ass will look like the Japanese flag but easier to "flush"

about the only indian thing i will be adding to my diet is indian m..ff tastes spicy as well

Move to the countryside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Move to the countryside.

And do what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Put a water displacement device in the toilet cistern i.e. a brick. Your average flush takes 10 litres of water - or a large watering can full. Two bricks could save a litre a flush.
    Just make sure you choose the right brick: it's got to be a glazed brick, the kind fired in a kiln. If you use a cheap sun-dried brick, they tend to fall apart under water ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

And do what?

Whatever you want, use your imagination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Whatever you want, use your imagination.

How does it save water?

How does it save water?

Water is free in the countryside no need to economise and be thinking of blue peter ideas for bodily waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

bnt wrote: »
    Just make sure you choose the right brick: it's got to be a glazed brick, the kind fired in a kiln. If you use a cheap sun-dried brick, they tend to fall apart under water ...

Forget the brick fill a two litre milk carton with water and drop it in the cistern. Saving two litres from every flush!

• Advertisement

Move to the countryside.

95 percent of people pay for water in the country via the group water scheme. they are not yet under irish water but soon will be. they have being paying over a hundred euros since forever. the only ones who are left are the 5 percent of people who get their water via their own wells. this is untreated and can be low at certain times of the year, but ultimelty does serve their needs. they are exempt from the charge. irregardless of where you get your water from either a mains sewage or a septic tank treatment system is mandated for waste. most houses int he country side use a septic tank and may were built over 40 years ago. new eu rules which recently came into place state a minimum standard fort septic tanks. owners havea set number of years to get their tanks in order and the cost is up to 5000 to repair ageing and or leaking septic tanks. they plan on inspecting all tanks at some stage and there is astronomical fines for leaking septic tanks after a set time.

95 percent of people pay for water in the country via the group water scheme. they are not yet under irish water but soon will be. they have being paying over a hundred euros since forever. the only ones who are left are the 5 percent of people who get their water via their own wells. this is untreated and can be low at certain times of the year, but ultimelty does serve their needs. they are exempt from the charge. irregardless of where you get your water from either a mains sewage or a septic tank treatment system is mandated for waste. most houses int he country side use a septic tank and may were built over 40 years ago. new eu rules which recently came into place state a minimum standard fort septic tanks. owners havea set number of years to get their tanks in order and the cost is up to 5000 to repair ageing and or leaking septic tanks. they plan on inspecting all tanks at some stage and there is astronomical fines for leaking septic tanks after a set time.

Yawn.. tldr.

Yawn.. tldr.

A is for apple
    B is for ball
    C is for car
    D is for dog
    E is for....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

2 bricks and a whiskey bottle in my cistern for more than a year now. So far the flush copes with everything thrown at it, and the refill time has been halved, so theres never a problem with the morning rush anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Water is free in the countryside no need to economise and be thinking of blue peter ideas for bodily waste.

Since when?

2 stroke wrote: »
    Since when?

Im not paying for it thats all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I'm just going to do it all at work, I'm saving money on my water bill and I'm getting paid for doing it aswell . Then on a Friday just before I leave I'll use toilet and just have to eat and drink nothing all over the weekend.

I'm going to be saving loads !!!

And anyway where I work is open on a Saturday so I can always call in while I'm passing if it's absolutely necessary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

duffman13 wrote: »
    Forget the brick fill a two litre milk carton with water and drop it in the cistern. Saving two litres from every flush!

Or get a vaguely handy person to adjust your ballcock to shut off earlier, its easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Just looking at a catalogue that came with Sunday Newspaper with water-saving ideas , and you can buy a 1000 litre tank and pump for €700 .

You would certainly save water , but which is more important , saving water or saving money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

irregardless

That's not a real word.

• Advertisement
Advertisement