Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-fiber is just plain bad...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Jesus this is ****ing atrocious, do the reps in here realise that the worst thing they can do is ignore you? Every company ****s up sometimes, what they're really judged on is how they react to the **** up, this is spectacularly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with you service. 

We understand your frustration with this, I have reported this thread onto our support team. 

I would like to assure you that I have compiled and gathered a report highlighting the number of threads and posts on the issues surrounding slow speeds at peak times and requested that this be looked in to.

Completion of this investigation is going to take time considering the scale of the issue,  we will aim to update you on the progress reported back to us here.

We understand that slow speeds can be of a major inconvenience and cause a lot of frustration, however we cannot at this time offer more information on the posts raised here for now.

In light of the above it is still important to contact technical support on 1890 260 260 (tel number and option 0) as some seemingly similar issues may not necessarily be the same to the issues reported on this thread.

Apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing you all. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with you service. 

We understand your frustration with this, I have reported this thread onto our support team. 

I would like to assure you that I have compiled and gathered a report highlighting the number of threads and posts on the issues surrounding slow speeds at peak times and requested that this be looked in to.

Completion of this investigation is going to take time considering the scale of the issue,  we will aim to update you on the progress reported back to us here.

We understand that slow speeds can be of a major inconvenience and cause a lot of frustration, however we cannot at this time offer more information on the posts raised here for now.

In light of the above it is still important to contact technical support on 1890 260 260 (tel number and option 0) as some seemingly similar issues may not necessarily be the same to the issues reported on this thread.

Apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing you all. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Thank for for replying. Could you possible shed more light on the possibility of being free from contract in light of these issues since day one.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Tracy
    Same for me please!! Instead of a computer generated response that has been used to answer ALL the queries on a few different threads try and answer at least one question without suggesting the technical support number all the time.Thought your job is customer service....

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Nolimits wrote: »
    Jesus this is ****ing atrocious, do the reps in here realise that the worst thing they can do is ignore you? Every company ****s up sometimes, what they're really judged on is how they react to the **** up, this is spectacularly bad.

Going by that reply from the rep I see the bull being offered up by eircom, totally avoiding the issues being asked and just passing the buck to a tech number! Cant see anyone getting any answers here. Why do they even bother having a forum when thats the best they can offer as a reply to their existing customers. Shame on them.

• Advertisement

And It's the same reply from another thread!

A simple copy and paste and your good to go at Eircom :/

Yeah i see where one of the earlier posters predicted the rep coming on with a non answer and a call tech support line, and hey presto!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

doctorg wrote: »
    I never had such problems on my Vodafone connection....

Sorry to cut in here. I had an eircom guy call here to me in meath last week with this up to 100mb crap. I disputed this immediately with the sales guy and lo and behold he pulled an iPad out of his pocket and it showed 30 mb ... So this up to 100 mb I feel is wrong it's only in theory .. I checked here then saw woeful blogs on eircom so I have near enough decided on Vodafone @ 35 e for unlimited ... Connected via phone line at house I'm suitable for eircom BB - my query for you is were you happy enough with Vodafone BB? I don't want to find myself in your unfortunate position ... Hope you don't mind my interjection

I never had such problems on my Vodafone connection....

Sorry to cut in here. I had an eircom guy call here to me in meath last week with this up to 100mb crap. I disputed this immediately with the sales guy and lo and behold he pulled an iPad out of his pocket and it showed 30 mb ... So this up to 100 mb I feel is wrong it's only in theory .. I checked here then saw woeful blogs on eircom so I have near enough decided on Vodafone @ 35 e for unlimited ... Connected via phone line at house I'm suitable for eircom BB - my query for you is were you happy enough with Vodafone BB? I don't want to find myself in your unfortunate position ... Hope you don't mind my interjection
    I was very very happy with Vodafone. The only reason I switched to eircom was because I had my phone line with them and the bundle seemed like a good deal. 

Vodafone was very good, their tech support top class, their customer care top class, their internet top class. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi All,

The last time we had these issues, we found it really helpful for customers experiencing the issues to send on trace routes. This helped us identify the issues and resolve it. If any of you would like to help us here please PM them to me.

I completely understand your frustration with this and please don't think that I am ignoring you all.  All information supplied will help us identify the issue. 

Thanks for your help.

Tracey

• Advertisement

Yes, copy and paste the same reply for all the threads will really help ye to identify the issues for your customers. Yawn!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi All,

The last time we had these issues, we found it really helpful for customers experiencing the issues to send on trace routes. This helped us identify the issues and resolve it. If any of you would like to help us here please PM them to me.

I completely understand your frustration with this and please don't think that I am ignoring you all.  All information supplied will help us identify the issue. 

Thanks for your help.

Tracey
    Do Eircom not monitor their own network to check for performance?  Surely Eircom should be able to monitor capacity issues etc?

I was visiting a friends house last night and his efibre speeds were approaching dial up - when he got it first the speeds were pretty good - are you really telling us that there can such a deterioration in the network performance without Eircom knowing about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

dub45 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

Tracey
    Do Eircom not monitor their own network to check for performance?  Surely Eircom should be able to monitor capacity issues etc?

I was visiting a friends house last night and his efibre speeds were approaching dial up - when he got it first the speeds were pretty good - are you really telling us that there can such a deterioration in the network performance without Eircom knowing about it?
    I questioned if they did on the eircom forum and my post got removed. Granted I wrote in an angry manner, but I have a right to be angry, been putting up with terrible service for a long time and paying top dollar for it.

Of course they're aware of it, its just a tactic to delay fixing it and treating customers like eejits in the meantime

Well it's just bad business, I won't buy it for a second they weren't aware of it. 

Their mentality was, I'm guessing, we are getting free money and not many people are complaining. Now Alot of people are complaining and they still are like ok, give us a day or two we'll fix this. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Well it's just bad business, I won't buy it for a second they weren't aware of it. 

Their mentality was, I'm guessing, we are getting free money and not many people are complaining. Now Alot of people are complaining and they still are like ok, give us a day or two we'll fix this. lol
    Pretty much, such bser's. We're all eejits like

I'm still having speed issues eircom ...

So I spoke to someone on Wednesday last week who said if the issue isn't resolved by friday, Eircom will release me from my contract without any fees. I've waited till today and still my having trouble with the internet. 

I called up the respective department this morning to ask to be released from my contract, the gentleman on the phone said he will call me back in 10 minutes 190 minutes ago. 

So can anyone here help me and release me from my contract, I do not wish to cancel the service right now but just wish to be released from my contract. 

Called 3 times there. Was hung up on three times. 

Reps here don't respond either, just skip this thread

After an hour on the phone, I've been released from my contract. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Such a shambles.. any decent company would try leave as much goodwill with u as possible in the hope of a possible return to them in future..not eircom.

Expect a cancellation bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Lucky you,who do you have to get thru to in order to do this ? Is it billing or what one .They are not going to reply to anyone on Boards anyway,...Nothing again today.

Lucky you,who do you have to get thru to in order to do this ? Is it billing or what one .They are not going to reply to anyone on Boards anyway,...Nothing again today.
    I was transferred to the loyalty team. He said he released me from the contract but on their system it will show in contract but he is going to add a note saying I'm no longer in contract. 

So whenever I want to switch providers, i've to give eircom a buzz to let them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I am going to try go a similar route. I only signed up for E-Vision/E-Fibre in July but have been so bloody frustrated since. Tonight, it's taking 2 hours to download a 66.9mb file that I need as I work from home. Completely regret signing up for this muck.

Advertisement