Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seeking employment

Options
  • 12-10-2014 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Im currently looking for work in Brisbane, have office experience with the public sector at home, have retail experience and would be willing to try anything (within reason!!:rolleyes:), so far ive a few interviews lined up, just wondering if anyone has any advice or would I be better off relocating somewhere else? Would there be more opportunities in Sydney or Melbourne? I dont want to waste too many weeks looking if im going to get nothing here. ANy advice or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Retail should pick up in the next week or two as outlets gear up for the Christmas silly season.
    It would be worth doing a CV drop through a few retail areas (Shopping Centers etc.) That would probably be the best bet for now. Public service is a bit of a closed shop as they normally must favor Australian applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kate07

thanks for that, i got a few days hospitality at the weekend, must start concentrating on retail now!! :)

Advertisement