Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

women, who do you chat up in a bar/club?

• 12-10-2014 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

just wondering how women think when they are out to pull a guy, for example if the woman is a 7, does she go for another 7 or does she aim higher e.g a 9 or lower say a 5 or 6. hate to use numbers but ye know what i mean.

women, who do ye try to pull in a bar/club? 28 votes

a guy who is on the same level as me (looks wise)
    0% 0 votes
    a guy who is on a higher level (looks wise)
    53% 15 votes
    a guy who is on a lower level (looks wise)
    35% 10 votes
    it varies (looks wise)
    10% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

guest2014 wrote: »
    hate to use numbers

Do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What's all this guys and bar talk, it's men and pubs this side of the Atlantic ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

just wondering how women think when they are out to pull a guy, for example if the woman is a 7, does she go for another 7 or does she aim higher e.g a 9 or lower say a 5 or 6. hate to use numbers but ye know what i mean.

Imagine a 7 had a baby with a 9 , their child would grow up to be a 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

The fcuk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Sam Kade wrote: »
    What's all this guys and bar talk, it's men and pubs this side of the Atlantic ;)
    People say "guy", "lad", "fella" all the time for young men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

People say "guy", "lad", "fella" all the time for young men.
    I saw a guy with a fella that had a big :eek: :D
    I fcuking hate Americanisms :mad: Americans in general couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk about the Irish in fact they believe the Irish are stupid ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

Imagine a 7 had a baby with a 9 , their child would grow up to be a 16.

You'd have to divide the 16 by 2 though. So they'd probably be an 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Well, ideally I'd chat with someone who looks exactly like me.

So I spend a lot of time in the loo in front of the mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The numbers rating system has to be the most flawed and retarded thing I've ever come across. First off your 8 could be my 5 and vice versa. I know it serves as a dick measuring tool of sorts as you can brag "aww I pulled a 9 she was class" when in reality most people wouldn't even stop to look at her if she passed. This applies to both genders but men are severely guilty of it.

Secondly rating a man/woman in your mind before approaching them or while talking them is going to effect you negatively. If I decide to rate a woman a 10 I am going to treat her differently and change my attitude and personality based on a tiny little number. I was guilty of this for a while before I copped on. Who cares how hot she is in comparison to other women? If you find her attractive that's all that matters. A simple yes or no label is sufficient in my opinion.

/Rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

All women meet in secret before entering any given pub or club and allocate the males inside according to the women's preferences and attractiveness rating. This is well known.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I fcuking hate Americanisms :mad:
    Yes we know - obsessively. You also like to use :);) a lot, passive-aggressively.
    Americans in general couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk about the Irish in fact they believe the Irish are stupid ;)
    A lie (not a "fact"). There is huge interest in Ireland from America actually, but even so, why SHOULD they give a **** about us? Such insecurity. And where the **** did this suddenly come from?! :confused:

There's lots of American TV and exposure to American culture here, there's very little of the Irish equivalent in the US. That's just the way it is - not something to get upset about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The only things that should be measured by numbers are eggs and shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Let's hope you never build a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

Perineum wrote: »
    As an I like to challenge myself and chat up nines and tens.

then you woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Poll needs "another woman" option.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Why?

Concrete is measured in metres (and newton), blocks are measured in inches (millimetres for the trendies), sand and cement are measured in tons.

I have never heard anyone refer to a 7 out of 10 roof barge, and I've been around a fair while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Why do you ask?

From a much older age group (presumably you're 17?) but I don't really think about it, just talk to a guy who seems attractive to me - always been the way. Thank fuq I don't think in terms of numbers and interact as mechanically as suggested as above. :eek:

Fashionable now in these PUA days to say it's not mechanical bla bla bla... but it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Perineum wrote: »
    As an I like to challenge myself and chat up nines and tens. The difference with nines and tens is they are very blasé and unrecoverable. You have demonstrate two things with through your multi channel communication, that you are an authority in their world and something personal about her to get her attention.

Women generally "congruence test" men, if you fail they completely lose interest, if you pass any their interest is amplified hugely.

So for example if she responds to one of your comments by saying "do you say that to every girl", you pass by being completely unrecoverable. You could say, yea your are the 4th today. You fail by "going into your head" and noticeably becoming uncomfortable.

Tell us more oh wise one! How do we studs tame these feisty she devils?

Always cringe when I see people (almost always single men refering to women) try to simplify human relationships/individuals into tidy "rules" and ratings systems. Human beings and how they relate to each other romantically/sexually is a subject of byzantine complexity and stunning diversity.

Every girl's different, Goddamit, go away and actually talk to a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

I'm not sure but I would image that they would go for more of a average looking guy as opposed to a crazy good looking/pretty boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

dmc17 wrote: »
    You'd have to divide the 16 by 2 though. So they'd probably be an 8

16 divided by 2 is definitely 8 , no probably about it.

From a much older age group (presumably you're 17?) but I don't really think about it, just talk to a guy who seems attractive to me - always been the way. Thank fuq I don't think in terms of numbers and interact as mechanically as suggested as above. :eek:

Fashionable now in these PUA days to say it's not mechanical bla bla bla... but it is.

why get so worked up about it? its just a bit of craic, i used numbers to get my point across. im in my twenties btw. the pua stuff is a load of bull as well, its cringey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Why?

Concrete is measured in metres (and newton), blocks are measured in inches (millimetres for the trendies), sand and cement are measured in tons.

I have never heard anyone refer to a 7 out of 10 roof barge, and I've been around a fair while.

But ...... But all those units referred to use numbers to quantify. Plus if you want to be technical about it, concrete volume is measured in cubic metres with compressive strength measured in newtons per mm squared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I never chat anyone up in the pub.I just stand there and wait for them to come to me.

I'm still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Woman who uses the word guy usually are college educated. Women who use the word fella are usually not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

im in my twenties btw.

What kind of weirdo rates themself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

jamesbere wrote: »

It be some yoke ok :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Woman who uses the word guy usually are college educated. Women who use the word fella are usually not.

So only one woman went to college?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

The Lighting & Duff variables will always affect the attractive constant.

mickdw wrote: »
    But ...... But all those units referred to use numbers to quantify. Plus if you want to be technical about it, concrete volume is measured in cubic metres with compressive strength measured in newtons per mm squared.
    Yeah, must go out to the quarry tomorrow and ask for six tonne of crushed stone, eight on a good day, though some people would call it five tonne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

So the answer to the original question is that women just stand there while the men ignore them and argue about civil engineering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

all women are 10's in my eyes!! sounds like a very cheesy and/or creepy chat up line but hey its what I think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

all women are 10's in my eyes!! sounds like a very cheesy and/or creepy chat up line but hey its what I think!!
    Yep. Vagina and a pulse ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I never chat anyone up in the pub.I just stand there and wait for them to come to me.

I'm still waiting.

PM Sent! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Women pull men now?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

the number would change through the night due to alcohol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

the number would change through the night due to alcohol

Exactly. That 4 I spotted on the way in becomes a 9 on the way out.

I just called a quick meeting and have been authorised to speak on behalf of all women.

We talk to people we like the look/sound/smile/other infinite variable of.

We've agreed, it's universal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

why get so worked up about it? its just a bit of craic, i used numbers to get my point across. im in my twenties btw. the pua stuff is a load of bull as well, its cringey.

Attractive girls embrace the 1 to 10 scoring system
    The rest of the mutts resent it.

• Advertisement

lanos wrote: »

Attractive girls embrace the 1 to 10 scoring system
    The rest of the mutts resent it.

Some people just feel it's disrespectful to talk about other people in those terms, male and female. Even good looking people.

Mind you, calling people mutts is worse.

Oh god I despair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Candie wrote: »
    I just called a quick meeting and have been authorised to speak on behalf of all women.

We talk to people we like the look/sound/smile/other infinite variable of.

We've agreed, it's universal.

I've a question for the Committee of Women.
    I know for a fact women only like money, but I also know for a fact woman only like looks.
    How can both be absolute facts at the same time :confused: also does that mean my OH is actually a man since I have neither :(

Oh god I despair.

lighten up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is this a thread about tracker mortgages ??

Well yeh obviously the better-looking you are, the more interest you'll get from the opposite sex. There's nothing new in this - the adding of the numbers thing (mortifying) to it is just adding a stupid "thing" to a well known phenomenon

lighten up

Give me reason to. :)

Well yeh obviously the better-looking you are, the more interest you'll get from the opposite sex. There's nothing new in this - the adding of the numbers thing (mortifying) to it is just adding a stupid "thing" to a well known phenomenon

that is not what the thread is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Oh god I despair.
    There's nothing new in this - the adding of the numbers thing (mortifying) to it is just adding a stupid "thing" to a well known phenomenon

Why do you despair? Why is it mortifying?

Honestly, I see no difference in it to saying someone is "hot" or "gorgeous", it's just a simplified version. Maybe it's just me, I've been told I have an autistic way of thinking at times. :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NVA

Go hard or go home I always say. Though that doesn't really have great success rate though, hah.

• Advertisement
Advertisement