Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone do better sunday lunch than the Granville

Options
  • 12-10-2014 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if there is anywhere in town that do a better Sunday lunch than the Granville, I've been to the Ularu, Oskars, Revolution, the Showboat , the Holy cross and whilst they are all good, the Granville tops them all for sheer quality and size of the portions, haven't tried Becketts or the Tower yet, does Jack Meades do Sunday grub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I was wondering if there is anywhere in town that do a better Sunday lunch than the Granville, I've been to the Ularu, Oskars, Revolution, the Showboat , the Holy cross and whilst they are all good, the Granville tops them all for sheer quality and size of the portions, haven't tried Becketts or the Tower yet, does Jack Meades do Sunday grub?

I go to the Ramada a bit myself im fairly happy with it. Oskars the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Went to Oscars last Sunday was not happy with the size of the portion tbh. Where is the best spot for a decent size carvery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Had Sunday lunch recently at Dennisons Restaurant, The Glen.
    Not a carvery, but similar price, it was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i likes the Ulrua cause u get the spuds pretty much straight away, good value too, usually their specials are less than a tenner.

How much is it in the granville for the sunday dinner? I must go there next time so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I like the Woodlands, I've never had a poor meal there. I must try the Granville soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Try Waterford Castle. e32

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Becketts is very good, think only the small bar is open in jackmeades this time of year though so wouldn't be guaranteeing getting a seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

I love going to Donnachas in Kilmeaden, lovely fresh home cooked food and massive portions. Very reasonable as well and staff are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭waterford mma

Donnachas have my vote too. Great food, friendly staff, nice location. The chicken wings and the chicken burger are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 frankthetank14

donnachas great food

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

The Cove Bar does a lovely lunch. The portions aren't huge, but it's top quality stuff.

Advertisement