Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database site and webmaster tools

Options
  • 12-10-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a website I use for my wedding video service. I took the super lazy and cheap option for that one and used Koken if any of you have heard of it. It's basically like wordpress optimized for photographers and videographers.

Koken creats tags for all your content such as #hotel-name-galway etc

I like these tags because people can search for videos shot in a certain church or hotel so I use them a lot.

Koken creats urls for each of the tags, so for example mysite.c om/hotel-name-galway

My question is what is the best way to deal with those urls in webmaster tools.

Do I

A: add them all to the sitemap
    B: make them all no follow
    C: ignore them and just add the main URLs to the sitemap

I can see advantages of the URLs as they contain keywords that people will search but I can also see that it looks like a bunch of duplicate content.

I can pm you the actual site if it helps cas I'm not sure I'm allowed to link yet as I'm a newbie.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Will you pm me the site and I will take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭candytog

Thanks v much, I've sent you a pm

Advertisement