Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have the hiccups :(

• 12-10-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Seriously - the feck. They won't go a away and it's kind of pissing me off now.

I wouldn't mind so much if I was twelve years of age. I'm out in public. The **** is wrong with my body!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

LOOK! A MOUSE!!!

Did it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

BOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Hold your breathe , for an hour. Your hiccups will certainaly stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Worst. Suggestions. Ever.

Sorry - I'm pissed off with the hiccups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm pregnant.

did it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

report back

Step 1: Start by inhaling through your mouth until your lungs feel full (when it feels like you cannot inhale any more.... your lungs will basically stop taking in air).

Step 2: Swallow. You are not really swallowing anything but it seems that without this act, it doesn’t work. Do not let any air out.

Step 3: Now inhale some more until your lungs feel full again. You may not be able to inhale a lot, but do get some more air in. It will start to get difficult to do this as you go, but keep trying. You obviously can’t suck in as much air as you did initially, but just a little will do (think of it as taking a “sip” of air but directly into your lungs).

Step 4: Swallow again. This too will start to get difficult as you go. Do not let any air out.

Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 (inhale and swallow) until you cannot swallow again. While it seems you can almost always suck in just a little more air, it is actually the swallowing that gets to be impossible. When you feel like you cannot swallow again, swallow again anyway. It will be hard to do, your face will probably turn red, and you may make squeaking sounds. But you CAN swallow one last time. By this time, your lungs should also be quite full and it should be difficult to get much more air in as well. While you should try not to let any air out, if you have really repeated steps 3 and 4 as many times as you can, you probably will end up letting a little air out before you can take that last swallow. If you find that air keeps escaping out of your nose even early in the process, try squeezing it shut with your fingers.

Step 6: Exhale.

could have Ebola
    Hiccups s a symptom.....:eek::P

Hmmmm. Ya fecker. I don't think we should be friends anymore.

Anyway - hiccups are gone. I'm on public transport though and bored. Anybody got an idea to turn this into a halfway decent thread??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Anyway - hiccups are gone. I'm on public transport though and bored. Anybody got an idea to turn this into a halfway decent thread??

I have, but I'm keeping it to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I never understood why people have problems getting rid of hiccups.

100% guaranteed method:

Sit down and lean forward slightly.
    Take a deep breadth and hold.
    Do no move any muscle in your body for 10-15 seconds...still holding your breadth. Stay completely still...it's critical.
    Breath out slowly.

If that doesn't work, I'll pm you a copy of my last ESB bill. It's shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Anybody got an idea to turn this into a halfway decent thread??

Im afraid not its like your hiccups its dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

What are you riding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

This works. And it also works if something goes down the wrong way and you're coughing and spluttering and eyes streaming. Guaranteed.

Take a deep breath, then put your hands in the air and clasp your hands above your head. Hold breath as long as you can while keeping hands up.

Repeat if necessary.

This action expands the diaphgragm, and solves hiccups and the crumbs etc.gone down the wrong way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Jump up and down on a trampoline. A Japanese businessman doing cartwheels thtough a busy promenade told me this as a host of owls fluttered by.

Ok.

What are you riding?

Metro. It's long yet unsatisfying.
    Jump up and down on a trampoline. A Japanese businessman doing cartwheels thtough a busy promenade told me this as a host of owls fluttered by.

Those weren't owls - they were cats glued together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Metro. It's long yet unsatisfying.

Aha, the owls are not what they seem.

Notice me senpai!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

They're probably gone by now but this works.

Drink some water or something else you have to hand and at the same time pull on your ear lobe.

• Advertisement

Drink some water or something else you have to hand and at the same time pull on your ear lobe.

Then make an engine noise and shout "I'M AN ENGINEER!"

Advertisement