Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early stage of setting up twitter / facebook

Options
  • 12-10-2014 3:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭

I'm at the early stage of setting up my twitter / facebook pages

I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation I was thinking we could refer each others pages / retweet etc if they are relevant

Looking for maybe 10 people. I'm based in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Dub_Steve wrote: »
    I'm at the early stage of setting up my twitter / facebook pages

I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation I was thinking we could refer each others pages / retweet etc if they are relevant

Looking for maybe 10 people. I'm based in Dublin

Do you mean business pages?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

Yea exactly. I'm spending some cash on getting views & exposure on twitter. I was thinking we could promote each others online presence and get more views/likes/subscribers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Dub_Steve wrote: »
    Yea exactly. I'm spending some cash on getting views & exposure on twitter. I was thinking we could promote each others online presence and get more views/likes/subscribers

Theres already a facebook thread for this purpose, use the search function. What happens in most cases is people post their link and expect a like and a follow but fail to return the favour.

I would suggest just putting the time into reading up how best to use twitter and facebook for your business and coming up with good content not just looking for followers. Followers on their own do nothing, content is king and without you just are setting up social media accounts for the sake of having them.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

You do need to tailor your marketing depending on your customers. Pm me your link. I am currently only learning the ropes on twitter but am ok on facebook.

Axwell wrote: »
    Theres already a facebook thread for this purpose, use the search function. What happens in most cases is people post their link and expect a like and a follow but fail to return the favour.

I would suggest just putting the time into reading up how best to use twitter and facebook for your business and coming up with good content not just looking for followers. Followers on their own do nothing, content is king and without you just are setting up social media accounts for the sake of having them.

Completely agree. We are creating our own content. We create videos. But just starting so not many people viewing our work.

Will look for the fb thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

With good content the numbers will grow and at least that way they are customers you want to engage with. Just getting people to randomly like or follow gets the numbers up but theres no guarantee those people are interested in your product or looking to engage with you. Its better to work on it and slowly build up genuine potential customers than just have numbers there for the sake of it. Keep at it and you will get there..

The previous thread is here - as you can see it died off mainly due to what i said previously. People posting but not returning the likes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056432277&page=10

I have started a new one here so feel free to post in it and will see how it goes this time, please follow the rules outlined.

Thanks for taking the time to set this up

Advertisement