Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Estonia v England. ITV1. KO 5pm

• 12-10-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching. ITV been pretty good with their coverage this weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Anyone watching. ITV been pretty good with their coverage this weekend.

Did they have Adrian Chiles killed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Did they have Adrian Chiles killed?

No I think he was there thursday night, but putting that aside, the ITV network has had some good games this weekend, and still have Denmark v Portugal on Tuesday, although there maybe another match that night for us to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Cans of Carling in the fridge! It doesn't get any more English than that!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

^I've turned to Carling myself recently, 8 cans for €10 in local shops, tastes damn good too I think :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Chiles, Hoddle and Wright. The reason tv makers invented the mute button. Shame Andy Townsend isn't mutable.

Lee Dixon was a good signing from the BBC though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hart; Chambers, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Wilshere, Henderson, Delph, Lallana; Rooney, Welbeck

Why call up Clyne just to use Chambers rb?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hart; Chambers, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Wilshere, Henderson, Delph, Lallana; Rooney, Welbeck

No Sterling?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

That is such a terrible team... No Sterling no Clyne... And that midfield... so poor... Delph is no way near international class

Come on England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Chambers to get booked, he's getting fond of that this season

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Cans of Carling in the fridge! It doesn't get any more English than that!:pac:

Cant beleive they are still using that ad, was terrible during the WC, and it still is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Nervy start for England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Estonia have one corner in the first minute.

Townsend... England will have a harder game than on thursday but its not insurmountably and I expect England to win.

LOL.

Must be great crack being stuck beside the trumpet chap!

I'm not enjoying this game at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If England get desperate for a goal, Estonia could very well break on the counter and go 1-0 up.

I'm not enjoying this game at all.

You can't have watched enough England games to know that generally this is as good as it gets. :)

You can't have watched enough England games to know that generally this is as good as it gets. :)

Really? Jaysus.

Not gonna bother with the second half. My daughter is playing with some Sylvanian stuff and it looks like way better fun than this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Chambers has been poor. Offers very little as an attacking threat. But then you'd expect that as he's not actually a right back whereas Clyne, who is an excellent one, sits on the bench. Typical Hodgson.

A case could be made for Shaw too, 30m and he can't displace Baines from the England team.

Really? Jaysus.

Not gonna bother with the second half. My daughter is playing with some Sylvanian stuff and it looks like way better fun than this game.

You have made a wise choice, think of us poor fools still here whilst you watch overpriced Mr and Mrs rabbit chatting to overpriced Mr and Mrs penguin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Something happened!

Stupid foul to get a 2nd yellow for.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Should be easier for England now, Estonia just got a man sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Delph you cheating ******

High and wide my prediction for this free kick

Come on now England ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

High and wide my prediction for this free kick

It was closer than I was expecting :pac:

Took his time to leave.

If England don't go on to win this by at least 3 the manager has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

K4t wrote: »
    A case could be made for Shaw too, 30m and he can't displace Baines from the England team.

He's injured with a hamstring or thigh issue if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Took his time to leave.

it was a blatant dive in fairness. Delph along with the rest of the England superstars are a disgrace

Fook you Henderson

microsim wrote: »
    If England don't go on to win this by at least 3 the manager has to go.

1 nil will do me, despite betting on 3 - 1. Not many managers out there that would want the job anyway, or would be any better than Hodgson, who admittedly isn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

microsim wrote: »
    it was a blatant dive in fairness. Delph along with the rest of the England superstars are a disgrace

he clearly shoulder charged Delph. Clearly you have a bee in your bonnet about England

Things are bad when you have to dive against Estonia

An hour gone, well it's simply flown by. Said no one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Give it over. I am the staunchest critic of diving of anybody on this forum.....and it wasn't a dive and was a clear yellow. He deserved to be sent off.

Kirby wrote: »
    Give it over. I am the staunchest critic of diving of anybody on this forum.....and it wasn't a dive and was a clear yellow. He deserved to be sent off.

I agree but ref has made few odd choices. One or two nasty tackles have gone in from both teams and haven't been punished. Cahill probably should have been booked for the blatant handball too.

Is Wilshire back on the fags?

1 nil will do me, despite betting on 3 - 1. Not many managers out there that would want the job anyway, or would be any better than Hodgson, who admittedly isn't great.

Thing about Hodgson is that he listens to the press etc and is afraid of criticism... Sterling should 100% be playing tonight but because Rodgers had a go at him over Sturridge he leaves him out . Similarly Chambers signs for Arsenal... Has one or two good games and suddenly the press are saying he deserves a call up.... Next thing Hodgson is starting him in the first 11...

I think a point will be OK, we all know it's much harder to play against 10 plucky underdogs, the sending off didn't do England any favours. Any clean sheet is admirable, lot of fatigue, positive there's no injuries.

And that's all I've got.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Red card doesn't help a Hodgson team, they need invention, imagination to break down a side.

Still they should do it. A shot on target would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Rooney!!!

Soft but thank fupp.

England certainly know how to make a game hard work.

Was just about to be taken off before that goal according to ITV... You would have thought that when Estonia went down to 10 that Hodgson would have brought on Ox and Townsend and got a bit of pace and width into his team... It's all so pedestrian and one paced... Still a win is a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Hodgson isn't the manager for England. He just doesn't have the tools needed for a team that's expected to win. Not that he is a bad coach, for example I'm positive he would keep QPR in the premier league. But you need more with a top team.

England will continue to struggle with him at the helm. Barely beating a 10 man Estonia is very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Can see England side suffering the same fate in France as it did in Brazil. Nothing really outstanding about any of them. Comparable to a mid-table premiere league outfit, if even that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What ever happened to the next big thing, Jack Wilshere?

Headshot wrote: »

Been made of glass doesn't help... Spends half the game rolling around injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Headshot wrote: »

Rooney owes him a few assists, more successful dribbles and chances created than anyone on the pitch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement