Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salmon fly reel/ line

Options
  • 12-10-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

im in the market for a new reel for my salmon rod its a 10/11 weight

anyone have suggestions there is such a selection ?for my bait rods i always buy shimano but not so easy for fly fishing ha

it must have a spare cassette and budget is around 120e max for reel

also looking for a floating line and a slow sinking line in 10/11 weight ,need some help on that also

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Any I'd suggest would be more than 120 I'm afraid. You'll get a reasonable Daiwa in that weight for that money but probably not with a spare spool.
    Greys and Hardys are excellent long term investments but perhaps outside your budget. Check Adverts or EBay as there are often good deals on reels.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Any I'd suggest would be more than 120 I'm afraid. You'll get a reasonable Daiwa in that weight for that money but probably not with a spare spool.
    Greys and Hardys are excellent long term investments but perhaps outside your budget. Check Adverts or EBay as there are often good deals on reels.

i understand the need for a good reel but i cant justify the prices as im only a part time fly angler really ha

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDYQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%2Fitm%2FWychwood-Truefly-SLA-Reel-9-11-Grey-includes-2-spare-spools-Case-%2F250990542771&ei=utQ6VKq_Mu-u7AaMtYDAAQ&usg=AFQjCNGW98EDP4tKDnwgw7_RxAiRUAGVZA
    that ticks all boxes really just need to order line now any suggestions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't know the model but the make is very good.

There are almost too many lines on the market and to be honest it's a matter of you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

was browsing the net the other night and came across a rod and reel package so instead of new line i got a whole new setup

15 vision gt four dh
    vision koma reel
    rio scandi versitip line #11

all for the crazy price of 150e !! the line alone is worth that the rod seems to be about 300£ new some places 400£, the rod is like new all tubes and covers etc

roll on january :) definitely getting lessons now to get the most out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Check out the shimano biocraft arbour..
    excellent reel
    will do you for life!
    popsy09 wrote: »
    im in the market for a new reel for my salmon rod its a 10/11 weight

anyone have suggestions there is such a selection ?for my bait rods i always buy shimano but not so easy for fly fishing ha

it must have a spare cassette and budget is around 120e max for reel

also looking for a floating line and a slow sinking line in 10/11 weight ,need some help on that also

• Advertisement
Advertisement