Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sound ,Help Please

• 12-10-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

The sound on my jamma cab has dissipated I was connecting a CPS2 Kick harness

and cut the wires of the existing Tekken 3 second harness to connect the CPS2 one

I did this all buttons work except the hard punch buttons on the cps2

and now no sound. Two of the wires (white) I presumed were grounds were sound

there is another double sound cable that connects to the main jamma connector

but they were only connected to the second connector and didnt have to be connected

to play tekken 3 or any other game

anyone have any ideas how to put this right? would be a great help

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Was this a Tekken cab to begin with ?

The 'Hard Punch' button is Jamma Button 3, this is normally connected to Pins 'b' and '24' on the 56 Pin Jamma connector - but Tekken has button 3 on the second connector at pins A8 & B8. Your Jamma connector is probably missing these connections.

Tekken has stereo audio, the Left speaker is wired to the Jamma connector and the Right speaker is wired to the second connector.

If you connected the speaker wirs on the Jamma connector to ground then you have probably damaged the CPS2 board.

If you plug in the Tekken or another board with only the Jamma connector you should till get sound from the Left speaker ? If so then the cabinet wiring is ok and problem is with the CPS2 board.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cuckoo_wasp

plus.google.com/u/0/114635020147609925381/posts/jeEyVP5E7em?jf=1&pid=6069745588989159826&oid=114635020147609925381

plus.google.com/u/0/photos/yourphotos?jf=1&pid=6069744545382074786&oid=114635020147609925381

Thanks Man,

I remembered that the cable is loose connected to the left amp in the marquee so I tipped the wires

and now sound in that amp great stuff :) have you any Idea as how to return the sound to the other amp and to get the hard punch functioning ?

Its an generic cap that was dedicated a tekken

thanks again for the help I put some pics if it helps

Advertisement