Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water off tomorrow

Options
  • 12-10-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Water off tomorrow 8 p.m to 8 a.m. Tuesday morning........can't believe they would want me to pay for a disruptive service.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you are metered surely you are not paying for when its switched off.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Is this all of Greystones?? Have heard nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

If you are metered surely you are not paying for when its switched off.

Ah but you are! The Government did not implement a standing charge per se but it is factored into the usage charge. On or off you pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

mrmright wrote: »
    Water off tomorrow 8 p.m to 8 a.m. Tuesday morning........can't believe they would want me to pay for a disruptive service.....

this was unintentionally apt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

This was posted yesterday on the greystones municipal district facebook page and it was announced on east coast radio.....my point really was surely there should be some sort of service level agreement.......I wouldn't pay for an Internet service or television service that charged me for no service or decided to switch off without customer notification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

This was posted yesterday on the greystones municipal district facebook page and it was announced on east coast radio.....my point really was surely there should be some sort of service level agreement.......I wouldn't pay for an Internet service or television service that charged me for no service or decided to switch off without customer notification.

Most isp's terms would say you would not get compensated or refunded for 12 hours of downtime.

Cerco wrote: »
    Ah but you are! The Government did not implement a standing charge per se but it is factored into the usage charge. On or off you pay!

Thats the point!
    If its off you're not using it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Its been on Irish Water website for about a week and a lot of people have been highlighting it on facebook

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Mine was still fine at 11pm and at 6.30am, so I assume it never went off in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Never noticed any drop off in pressure - I have a few pots of water if anyone wants to purchase some water from me :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

astrofluff wrote: »
    Never noticed any drop off in pressure - I have a few pots of water if anyone wants to purchase some water from me :pac:

Me too - and I rang around my family to warn them too. Figure between us we can fill a swimming pool somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Keep a few pots full over the next 24 hours....be prepared just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Thats the point!
    If its off you're not using it.

That is not the issue. If you were paying a standing charge the you would be paying whether it is on or off.

The standing charge element is included in the usage charge. Irish Water recoups it's exorbitant costs whether the water is on or off. So the consumer pays one way or the other.

Advertisement