Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil burner service

Options
  • 12-10-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Can someone pm me a oil burner service man that they use. No cowboy hooverers, someone who knows what they are at.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Can someone pm me a oil burner service man that they use. No cowboy hooverers, someone who knows what they are at.
    Thanks

I'd love a name too please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Certain boilers require you to have them serviced by someone certified by the company that makes the boiler as a part of the warranty.

I don't know if your boiler is old or new OP but it might be worth taking into account if it's less than 3 or 4 yrs old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Certain boilers require you to have them serviced by someone certified by the company that makes the boiler as a part of the warranty.

I don't know if your boiler is old or new OP but it might be worth taking into account if it's less than 3 or 4 yrs old.
    Thanks, but it is 15 years old at least, might be time for an update soon.
    Firebird popular 115....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

I used this fella 2yrs ago, nothing fancy but professional and honest was my impression..
    www.oilboilerservicesgalway.com/

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Pwpane

Can anyone tell me what a service consists of? What do they do that you couldn't do yourself (if you knew how to do it...)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Thanks, but it is 15 years old at least, might be time for an update soon.
    Firebird popular 115....?

Stay away from Firebird. The reason i did this was on my plumbers advise.I had to change my old boiler 3 years ago and his expression changed when i mentioned Firebird. He explained that every Firebird he installed had problems and he got call backs on them. The one he installed for me was a "Grant" and i have had no problems in 3 years use. Its the high efficiency condenser boiler.
    http://www.seai.ie/Power_of_One/Heat_Your_Home_For_Less/Replacing_Your_Boiler/
    The plumber told me that Grant have been at it a lot longer and have more experience with boilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

My mum got a firebird and it is great and had caused no problems at all in 4yrs. However it's the second one she has got, the first was so badly fitted that it caused damage to the chimney and caused water and carbon monoxide leaks within 2 years.Without the co2 monitor in place I dread to think what would have happened. Getting it fitted initially cost 4k by a reputable plumber. Getting it removed, fixing the damage it cause and getting a new one properly fitted cost 10k in total.

If you're thinking of getting a new one OP get several recommendations on the plumber you use. The one she had was fully certified and accredited but the mess he made appalled engineers she had to assess the damage and other plumbers who saw it to. It's really life and death stuff if you get it fitted within the house so... Be careful.
    If you want the name of a plumber to avoid PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

My mum got a firebird and it is great and had caused no problems at all in 4yrs. However it's the second one she has got, the first was so badly fitted that it caused damage to the chimney and caused water and carbon monoxide leaks within 2 years.Without the co2 monitor in place I dread to think what would have happened. Getting it fitted initially cost 4k by a reputable plumber. Getting it removed, fixing the damage it cause and getting a new one properly fitted cost 10k in total.

If you're thinking of getting a new one OP get several recommendations on the plumber you use. The one she had was fully certified and accredited but the mess he made appalled engineers she had to assess the damage and other plumbers who saw it to. It's really life and death stuff if you get it fitted within the house so... Be careful.
    If you want the name of a plumber to avoid PM me.

Hello, would you mind pm'ing me also as to who I would need to avoid. I need to get someone to look at my boiler so want to make sure I don't get any cowboys. Thank you.

Advertisement