Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Cinema Patrick’s St

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

wellboytoo wrote: »
    A recent pic
    are they all like that? we're hurling if they are. Same as odeon but better

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Is this place opening today or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Tomorrow I believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

10498290_10152375331482202_4932434488850778986_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

i just checked there website waterford is listed and only film so far listed is paddington for the 18th???

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

they have a full list of films in waterford today

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

And it is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Saw the new hobbit movie in there today. Seats are a big yes from me. Very comfortable and great leg room for us taller guys unlike Odeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Thank god for this, was getting a bit sick of the Odeon monopoly. Went in recently to find loads of their seats are broken, I don't think they ever actually get around to fixing them.

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed my visit there earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

What are the prices like?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Just booked online for Fri night. Delighted to note that you can choose and book your seats. I'm easily pleased.

What are the prices like?

9.10 adult I think. Student 6.70

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

if you register online for a my omniplex account when ya book online ya get 10% discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Is it 5.90 for a large popcorn,? Think I paid that in odeon.
    Wonder will there be a stirr on prices or will each cinema hold out

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

Odeon Waterford appears to have changed its prices recently. Also, here is the Omniplex prices in comparison:

All these prices are for a peak time non 3D, non premier seat ticket.

650J5M8.png

Edit:

For clarity, Omniplex prices are based on peak showing of Interstellar and Odeon prices based on peak showing of 'The Hunger Games'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Went tonight, it was quite surreal walking up those stairs again...

It's clean, polished and very fresh looking. Staff are very helpful and quite enthusiastic. Prices are still expensive but they will be doing deals on Tuesdays according to posters inside, €5 all day for standard tickets.

They just need to supervise the films better, had to deal with multiple ******* using phones and one guy who felt it was okay to answer his during the final scenes of the film. I know it's a difficult thing to police, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

noticed on a poster in there today that they also do €5 tickets on Tuesdays which means with Odeon having €5 tickets on Wednesdays, we've got two days in the week to get cheaper tickets so long as you don't mind going to either of the cinemas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Was in there today for the hobbit, place is fantastic, odd being back in the old cinema but they did it up well.

The soundsystem in the maxx screen is incredible as well as the quality of the movie. The seats are the most comfortable seats ive sat in, in a long time.

Prices, cant complain, well worth the price imo.

However, i did notice two serious problems. The window into the projection room is extremely low. We were sitting at the very back and everytime we got up to go toilet we cut off half the screen for everyone else. This was in the maxx screen not sure if others are the same.

Also the lights from the projection room are too bright, we were blinded from the light throughout the movie and found it very irritating.

However, cannot fault anything else, popcorn is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

Is the seating more sloped or is it just the same as before, as this was a major draw back for me...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

What are popcorn/drink combo prices like in the new old cinema? Are they about the same as Odeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Riddle me this; why the hell would you go to the Omniplex ahead of the Odeon unless you lived closer to the former?

Epic failure on the cards here me thinks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

mozattack wrote: »
    Riddle me this; why the hell would you go to the Omniplex ahead of the Odeon unless you lived closer to the former?

Epic failure on the cards here me thinks.

If it's cheaper why wouldn't you??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

deise_girl wrote: »
    If it's cheaper why wouldn't you??

It's a good bit cheaper alright, and even more so if you book online.

Only if the weather was cat melodian would I even consider going to odeon now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Cheaper-ish but at the cost of the rooms being smaller and feck all parking unless going past say 18.00.

Also has anyone done a comparison on say 1 adult and 2 kids in peak in both cinemas with the same grub being bought? Ticket prices are only one thing of course. In the Odeon you get a rake of stuff for €11

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

mozattack wrote: »
    Cheaper-ish but at the cost of the rooms being smaller and feck all parking unless going past say 18.00.

Also has anyone done a comparison on say 1 adult and 2 kids in peak in both cinemas with the same grub being bought? Ticket prices are only one thing of course. In the Odeon you get a rake of stuff for €11

Without cost of food (I don't have the food prices at the moment):

Odeon (Waterford) is better value in terms of a family ticket (1 Adult, 3 Kids, or 2 Adults, 2 Kids). 1 Adult + 2 kids in Odeon is €22.95, but getting a family ticket is actually cheaper (€20.00)! Whereas in Omniplex it is €21.50.

I think Odeon is much stronger for the family customers, you also have more accessible parking on a Saturday/Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

b0ardsUser wrote: »
    Without cost of food (I don't have the food prices at the moment):

Odeon (Waterford) is better value in terms of a family ticket (1 Adult, 3 Kids, or 2 Adults, 2 Kids). 1 Adult + 2 kids in Odeon is €22.95, but getting a family ticket is actually cheaper (€20.00)! Whereas in Omniplex it is €21.50.

I think Odeon is much stronger for the family customers, you also have more accessible parking on a Saturday/Sunday.

The one advantage Omniplex have with family tickets is that you can get 4, 6, 8 etc once you go beyond 4 in Odeon you pay full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I would argue that Odeon being better value for family tickets is a plus for Omniplex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

A mummys little darling free zone sounds good to me.

Advertisement