Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Cinema Patrick’s St

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

I much prefer Omniplex but dang they are just being mean, Odeon's deals are just too hard to turn down at the moment.

Odeon:
    • 2 Tickets for €10 on weekends
    • €5 tickets with o2 priority moments
    • €4.50 tickets on Wednesdays
    • Movie times much better

Omniplex:
    • €5 Tuesdays
    • Movie times are insane, older films have better times than recently release ones
    • €11.10 it cost me for an adult ticket into Maxx, rip off.

Honestly Omniplex need to do deals, they are new and Odeon are tearing them apart with better deals. Theres a reason its quiet. Hopefully they will do something as it's a much better cinema.
    the way i see it is, if odeon can do the deals now then they could always do them deals and just chose not too out of greed, they won't be getting a single cent from me again anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

the way i see it is, if odeon can do the deals now then they could always do them deals and just chose not too out of greed, they won't be getting a single cent from me again anyway

they had no other competition, can't exactly blame a business for wanting to make profits..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

they had no other competition, can't exactly blame a business for wanting to make profits..

Except that they destroyed their own goodwill by creeping the prices up and reducing the portion sizes when they had a monopoly; it broke my heart giving them money regularly, so now that I've an alternative I'll use it...

there's wanting to make profit and then there's being greedy plain and simple!!!! and odeon my friend were being greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

there's wanting to make profit and then there's being greedy plain and simple!!!! and odeon my friend were being greedy

Out of curiosity, how do you differentiate between what is "profit" and what is "greed"?

• Advertisement

b0ardsUser wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how do you differentiate between what is "profit" and what is "greed"?
    well when ya consider that in other odeon cinema's there bargain wednesday are cheaper than waterfords, the reduction in the large cup size for the short period of time but due to high levels of complaints had to reinstate the proper large cup.thats what you would call greed in my book

Advertisement