Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

mickey

They are mostly from Mayfair Beds. We will have 1000,1500, 2000 and 3000 pocket sprung models on display. They are an NBF approved manufacturer. We have been selling these for 5 years with no issues. Many guys on here have them and very good feedback all the time. Come to the show and have a look.

Thanks

Big

I am planning to visit the show on Sunday.

Rather than 5 years with no issues, what kind of quality is the range. I've never heard of Mayfair, we currently have a Respa something or other. We've had it for 8+ years now and I'm pretty sure if retailed at about €1,500 at the time (Mattress only). I've no doubt Mayfair are good, but are they the best? TBH I'm after a really good mattress, super-king size. Not after something which will give no trouble, but would rather spend a few quid and get something which is top of the range, the Rolls Royce of Mattress!

What would you recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

On the way home from the show, great to meet Mick and Fiona. Tried out the John Lewis mattress and really happy with it so purchase completed!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Hi mick, looking for a super king size mattress, has to be hard, orthopedic, have you got in any & what sort of price? Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Possibly the wrong thread but I'll ask anyways. I'm looking for a comfortable, wide armed arm chair. Ideally recline but needs a high weight limit for my husband so alternatively a matching footstool would be great. I love this style https://bigmickey.ie/product/tyrella-one-seater/ so anything similar would be great. Any advice?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Hi All

We are back from the Ideal Homes Show and just sorting out everyone's orders. Will answer any of the questions on here shortly.

Thanks

bigmickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sonyboy

just want to pass on my compliments to all concerned, were passing buy the shop on Saturday afternoon and went in for a browse. Ended up buying three beds & headboards. Lady dealing with us very pleasant and informative.

Seve OB wrote: »
    I am planning to visit the show on Sunday.

Rather than 5 years with no issues, what kind of quality is the range. I've never heard of Mayfair, we currently have a Respa something or other. We've had it for 8+ years now and I'm pretty sure if retailed at about €1,500 at the time (Mattress only). I've no doubt Mayfair are good, but are they the best? TBH I'm after a really good mattress, super-king size. Not after something which will give no trouble, but would rather spend a few quid and get something which is top of the range, the Rolls Royce of Mattress!

What would you recommend?

HI Seve OB

We are selling this brand for many years. In all that time we have had little or no issues with them. Where an issue arises, we have complete authority to decide the outcome ourselves. You don't have to wait 3 months + or more for a representative to come out from the manufacturer only to be told that there is nothing wrong with the mattress. We believe that these mattresses represent very good value for money for the prices that we charge. Many guys on boards have them already so may comment if they see this post. Also with this brand, should you pick a mattress that does not suit you best we will exchange it on a no quibble basis for something more suitable for you provided the mattress is still in near perfect condition. We will only exchange once though.

Any questions 086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi Mick, we’re looking for a low bed frame with wooden round feet if possible. Something like the links I’ve attached. Would you have anything similar? It’s important that it’s low if possible. Thanks

My God, we will have to revise our prices upwards. We can provide you with a similar bed to that or even lower in any fabric of your choice for around 249/299 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey

086 8356888

cotton wrote: »
    Hi mick, looking for a super king size mattress, has to be hard, orthopedic, have you got in any & what sort of price? Thanks!!

Hi there

We have many many Superking mattresses in stock. In fact, I often refer to our shop as Superking Capital of Ireland. One to consider is the 2 in 1. One side is rock hard and when you flip it over, the other side is a bit softer. I have slept on one of these mattresses recently enough for close to 6 months and got on great with it. (I preferred the softer side)

I see you have Greystones listed on here as your address. We are going to Greystones tomorrow with orders from the show and I had a single one of these on display at the show at the weekend. I can send it to you to have a look at if you get back to me this evening as the vans are going at 8am in the morning. They are already loaded but I can still get it on I'd say.

Bigmickey

086 8356888

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Morning,

Looking to get a single divan bed - will only be used occassionally so doesn't have to be anything fancy - What kind of price would I be looking at for something that is reasonable quality. Have the headbaords already so just a base and mattress

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

hi i need a really good matress, due to chronic back pain, having to sit up in a chair some nights, would the john lewis one suffice, btw can you pm me as regards your payment requirements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

flutered wrote: »
    hi i need a really good matress, due to chronic back pain, having to sit up in a chair some nights, would the john lewis one suffice, btw can you pm me as regards your payment requirements

I got the John Lewis one delivered about 5 weeks ago having previously had a Respa back care. I love my new mattress. It takes a little getting used to as it's not a bouncy sprung mattress but it's so much better for my back.

emg74 wrote: »
    Morning,

Looking to get a single divan bed - will only be used occassionally so doesn't have to be anything fancy - What kind of price would I be looking at for something that is reasonable quality. Have the headbaords already so just a base and mattress

Thanks,

Hi emg74

We have a decent set that we sell big volume of for rentals and spare room type requirements and the base and mattress is 199 euro then if you can afford a few bob more we have a couple of other sets that sell for 299 euro. These are much better quality and if getting lots of use will last longer. It's really down to the budget that you have. We have not had any complaints or returns about either of these types.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi flutered

We have sold big quantities of these John Lewis mattresses right across the country and even in to Uk and we only heard positive feedback from everyone. Many guys on boards bought them also so feel free to ask.

We always encourage anyone that is buying a new mattress to try before you buy. Most of our customers will actually call to our shop and do exactly that. We normally don't recommend a mattress to anyone as everyone had different needs but for the amount of these John Lewis that we have sold and the good feedback that we received then you could do worse than buying one I'm sure.

Payment can be by

Cash, card with pin number, bank transfer and payment link.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Caranica wrote: »
    I got the John Lewis one delivered about 5 weeks ago having previously had a Respa back care. I love my new mattress. It takes a little getting used to as it's not a bouncy sprung mattress but it's so much better for my back.

Hi Caranica

Glad to see that the John Lewis mattress is working out for you. As it is pocket sprung, it won't have the bouncy type feeling as you get in the cheaper mattresses like the open coil models. If two people are sleeping on the mattress then they generally won't feel each other moving and won't wake each other up from movement. As we say to all our customers. It can take a period of time to get used to a new mattress. Most people get it right from the first night and others can take a little longer and some customers will buy a mattresses that will never suit them so that is the importance of calling to a store and trying some out before you buy.

Thank again for your comments here and hope you get many years fantastic sleep from your new mattress.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got the John Lewis one off Bigmickey last week and can't recommend it enough..

.. extremely comfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

We also got the john Lewis one recently, it is so comfortable. We got a lot of furniture also and I can highly recommend buying from big mickey. So easy to deal with, nothing was a problem and they have a real personal touch about their business.

Thanks for all big mickey!

ainy wrote: »
    We also got the john Lewis one recently, it is so comfortable. We got a lot of furniture also and I can highly recommend buying from big mickey. So easy to deal with, nothing was a problem and they have a real personal touch about their business.

Thanks for all big mickey!

Thanks ainy

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchases.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi Mickey

Looking for a John Lewis King size for delivery to Waterford.
    I'll send you a PM or text ok

• Registered Users Posts: 15 carolp

Hi BigMicky

I'm on the look out for a grey velvet 5foot bed plus mattress. Would you have any photos and prices please. I'm in North Kildare.

Thanks a million

• Advertisement

Hi Mickey

Looking for a John Lewis King size for delivery to Waterford.
    I'll send you a PM or text ok

Ahhh, if you had of called me yesterday or even last night then you would of had it this morning as we are delivering in Waterford today. Very same thing happened today from a fellow boards member from Louth/Monaghan area, he wants one too and we also have another van delivering in that area today as well. Will get to you asap.

Thanks

Bigmickey

carolp wrote: »
    Hi BigMicky

I'm on the look out for a grey velvet 5foot bed plus mattress. Would you have any photos and prices please. I'm in North Kildare.

Thanks a million

Sent you pictures of a nice one just now. You could also look at the Rhea on www.bigmickey.ie

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

Hi big Mickey.
    I am in galway and i am in the market for a king size mattress and bed combo. I like the velvet headboards. any deals. 
    Regards
    The creme egg

cremeegg wrote: »
    Hi big Mickey.
    I am in galway and i am in the market for a king size mattress and bed combo. I like the velvet headboards. any deals. 
    Regards
    The creme egg

Hi

Always plenty in stock. Any particular style or colour ?

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Hi flutered

We have sold big quantities of these John Lewis mattresses right across the country and even in to Uk and we only heard positive feedback from everyone. Many guys on boards bought them also so feel free to ask.

We always encourage anyone that is buying a new mattress to try before you buy. Most of our customers will actually call to our shop and do exactly that. We normally don't recommend a mattress to anyone as everyone had different needs but for the amount of these John Lewis that we have sold and the good feedback that we received then you could do worse than buying one I'm sure.

Payment can be by

Cash, card with pin number, bank transfer and payment link.

Thanks

Bigmickey
    unable to travel from co.limk to co.longford, but i will be getting back to you sometime next week

unable to travel from co.limk to co.longford, but i will be getting back to you sometime next week

Hi flutered

No problem. Give a call when ready.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Big Mickey I'm looking for a divan base in the cork area.
    4 foot 6"

Can you help me out

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Big Mickey I'm looking for a divan base in the cork area.
    4 foot 6"

Can you help me out

Hi Asus X540L

We have plenty in stock from 150 euro. Anything in particular that you need.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Hi im looking for a double mattress whats the cheapest uve got

• Advertisement

keavebm wrote: »
    Hi im looking for a double mattress whats the cheapest uve got

Hi Keavebm

We have from 99 euro upwards.

Thanks

Bigmickey