Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭machu

Hi BM,

I am trying to decide on a new 4ft 6 bed and mattress for my father. His preferences are he wants a bed with a bit of height and with no frame at the end and a mattress that is not too firm maybe the soft side of medium. What I have picked from your website is the Florida crystal ottoman bed frame and the John Lewis 5000 pocket mattress or would that be to firm ? Would you be able to advise on the above and maybe give me some other suggestions that you think might suit.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cheers!

Hi Kceire

We have half ottoman with 2 drawers by Silentnight on offer or do you need a full ottoman ? We also have a huge range of headboards at great prices. We get custom made headboards and matching ottomans in a vast range of colours also. Many are on display in our showroom in Longford.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Hi there,

I'm looking for this exact option also! But I'd prefer the full ottoman, king size. what would the price be?
    Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Trish56 wrote: »
    Are the mattresses included in these prices and if not can you quote for same .

Hi

Apologies for late reply as we were away on a buying trip.

The mattresses are not included in any of the bunk bed prices. Singles start from 50 euro and doubles from 99 euro. In the case of the single mattress for the top bunk, they have to be a shallow mattress in most cases

Thanks

Bigmickey team

machu wrote: »
    Hi BM,

I am trying to decide on a new 4ft 6 bed and mattress for my father. His preferences are he wants a bed with a bit of height and with no frame at the end and a mattress that is not too firm maybe the soft side of medium. What I have picked from your website is the Florida crystal ottoman bed frame and the John Lewis 5000 pocket mattress or would that be to firm ? Would you be able to advise on the above and maybe give me some other suggestions that you think might suit.
    Thanks.

Hi machu

Give us a call as our new models arrived yesterday and we are clearing out our ex displays and some previous models. Bargains to be had.

043 3345488

086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Cheers! wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking for this exact option also! But I'd prefer the full ottoman, king size. what would the price be?
    Thanks!

Hi Cheers

We get cancelled orders out of big companies like Silentnight and Sealy. We sell these in Kingsize for around 499 euro. You can order in a custom made model in any fabric or colour for 699 euro. Best thing is to give a call 043 3345488 or 086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Looking for a medium to firm mattress , we have been in shops and the mattresses are way too soft for our liking. We are based in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Looking for a medium to firm mattress , we have been in shops and the mattresses are way too soft for our liking. We are based in cork

take a trip to big mickey's shop, im based in cork myself and its well worth the trip ive been twice and was looked after both times very well

The internet isn’t for everyone

Apologies, I only saw this now. We were in Cork on Friday last but go most weeks. We have everything from cotton wool soft right up to a hard as the floor. Perhaps give us a call and we will sort something out for you.

043 3345488 or 086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Hi

We are going to Cork again tomorrow, Tuesday if any use to you.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi

My parents were talking about getting a new bed when I was down at the weekend. They don't have a lot of money so what kind of deals do you have on a double bed and mattress. Don't think a head board is needed as it already has a built in unit.

They would want one with 4 drawers.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marklark

Hi Mick,

Do you do any London deliveries or can you help us over this side of the Irish Sea at all?

Thanks

Wheety wrote: »
    Hi

My parents were talking about getting a new bed when I was down at the weekend. They don't have a lot of money so what kind of deals do you have on a double bed and mattress. Don't think a head board is needed as it already has a built in unit.

They would want one with 4 drawers.

Thanks.

Hi Wheety,

There are so many different options. Do you know roughly how much they would like to spend on the bed?

Regards

Bigmickey Team

Marklark wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

Do you do any London deliveries or can you help us over this side of the Irish Sea at all?

Thanks

Hi Marklark,

Delivery to London can be arranged. What were you interested in?

Regards

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi Wheety,

There are so many different options. Do you know roughly how much they would like to spend on the bed?

Regards

Bigmickey Team

I'd say they could spend €4-500. Preferably towards the €400 mark. Is there anything good for that price range. They could go higher if the quality per Euro is much better.

I'd say they'd want a medium-firm mattress but i'll have a chat with them this weekend.

Wheety wrote: »
    I'd say they could spend €4-500. Preferably towards the €400 mark. Is there anything good for that price range. They could go higher if the quality per Euro is much better.

I'd say they'd want a medium-firm mattress but i'll have a chat with them this weekend.

Hi

I'm just back from Uk with an artic truck full of bargains. Should be able to cater for your budget. Give us a call and we will get you sorted

Bigmickey Team

043 3345488

086 8356888

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Hey Big Mickey,have you a price for a nice fabric/padded kingsize headboard please? Neutral colour preferable.. thks

1997 wrote: »
    Hey Big Mickey,have you a price for a nice fabric/padded kingsize headboard please? Neutral colour preferable.. thks

Hi

We have around 1000 headboards always in stock and we get all types of custom made headboards in on a weekly basis. Fabric headboards in king size start from 79 euros.

Regards

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Hi Mick

Can you give me a price on a single bed including matttess - maybe something like the grey divan base kingsize including headboard we bought from you earlier in the year but with a budget friendly mattress - its for a young teenager so dont need top of the range just comfortable

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Hi, could you give me a price on the John Lewis 5000 mattress king size and a very basic bed frame?! Delivered to Limerick...thanks!

fifi28 wrote: »
    Hi Mick

Can you give me a price on a single bed including mattress - maybe something like the grey divan base kingsize including headboard we bought from you earlier in the year but with a budget friendly mattress - its for a young teenager so dont need top of the range just comfortable

Thanks

You can spend as little as €149 for a non turn mattress and base but we have an offer starting for the Ideal Homes show in two weeks time on our Marlborough set for 199 euro and includes headboard for the show weekend only. The mattress is twice the thickness of the cheaper set. I can send you an image later. When do you need for ?

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Hi, could you give me a price on the John Lewis 5000 mattress king size and a very basic bed frame?! Delivered to Limerick...thanks!

What type frame ?

Divan - generally works out cheaper

Leather

Wooden

Metal

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi,

Thanks a divan would be fine, would need a headboard with that too? Or a basic enough wooden frame.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks a divan would be fine, would need a headboard with that too? Or a basic enough wooden frame.

Thanks

Hi Pacifico

John Lewis 5000 pocket is E499. We have bases from E149 but we have a very strong base that most people buy at E199. Can find you a wooden headboard for E25 in a choice of colours.

Bigmickey Team

Hi Pacifico

John Lewis 5000 pocket is E499. We have bases from E149 but we have a very strong base that most people buy at E199. Can find you a wooden headboard for E25 in a choice of colours.

Bigmickey Team

Thanks, will get back to you! Is the John Lewis mattress on display in your store?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

You can spend as little as €149 for a non turn mattress and base but we have an offer starting for the Ideal Homes show in two weeks time on our Marlborough set for 199 euro and includes headboard for the show weekend only. The mattress is twice the thickness of the cheaper set. I can send you an image later. When do you need for ?

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

That would be great thanks, send me on the image - will i pm email address? Not in a huge rush as such so can hang on a couple of weeks

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Hi.
    140 x 190 mattress with cooling(top layer?).
    We have a slatted base that the mattress drops into.
    We both sleep on our sides so medium softness at most, I'm told.
    Ideally we'd like cooling only on one half, but that's probably too expensive an option. In Galway city.
    Thanks.

patch wrote: »
    Hi.
    140 x 190 mattress with cooling(top layer?).
    We have a slatted base that the mattress drops into.
    We both sleep on our sides so medium softness at most, I'm told.
    Ideally we'd like cooling only on one half, but that's probably too expensive an option. In Galway city.
    Thanks.

Hi patch

Some manufacturers make to metric while others make to imperial sizes. Normally it's 135cm X 190cm. If you have 140cm X 190cm then the extra 5cm may be to allow for your sheets. We can get either sizes made for you. Cooling on one half is possible and not mad expensive either. Best is to give us a call at some stage so that we fully understand your needs

Regards

Bigmickey Team

086 8356888 or 043 3345488

Thanks, will get back to you! Is the John Lewis mattress on display in your store?

Hi Yes, we have it on display in the shop and will be putting it on the Dublin Beds stand at the Ideal Homes Show in 2 weeks time at the RDS but will only have in kingsize at that stage. Only a couple of double ones left. Have a few small double 120cm) left

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mick
    I've moved house/ county and need another bed.problem is not sure what we want.

We're tossing around the idea of a reasonable good super king divan and mattress( both have bad backs)

A very good price on a show king-size might do us as well and move our older king into the spare room.

Will you take a look at what you have and give me a shout.

Also looking for a bookcase if you have any deals in a large wooden one and a small hall table for the phone/router.

Thanks
    T.

• Advertisement

Mick
    I've moved house/ county and need another bed.problem is not sure what we want.

We're tossing around the idea of a reasonable good super king divan and mattress( both have bad backs)

A very good price on a show king-size might do us as well and move our older king into the spare room.

Will you take a look at what you have and give me a shout.

Also looking for a bookcase if you have any deals in a large wooden one and a small hall table for the phone/router.

Thanks
    T.

Hi Tatranska

Will do. Always plenty of beds in stock as you know already.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Advertisement