Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for sticky...ekectrical testing

Options
  • 12-10-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just an idea here...I probably like a lot if people have not ever had to do a lot of electrical testing,meggering,fault loop impedance etc,I more then likely will probably not ever have to do them,I'd still like to refresh my mind on the procedures and what your looking for by doing these?!
    Some of you more experienced guys might be interested in explaining?!

As I said just an idea!!

Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Think its a good idea :)

I 'll admit myself to not being 100% competent when it comes to testing installations.

So i hope some of the lads with plenty of experience will help us all learn and become better electricians!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

It's just more of a refresher,I'm not saying that we will take what you lads say and head off and buy a megger but it would be good to refresh the knowledge as to what your looking for during these tests!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi maxamillius

Not a bad idea, although we have a few stickies already.

I'll talk to the other lads about it and see what they think

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sorry for the late reply. I agree, it is a good idea.

Sounds good guys,I think it's something that gets overlooked through out a lot of apprenticeships,definitely something I'd like to learn more about!

If there are too many stickies then maybe we could just use this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sounds good guys,I think it's something that gets overlooked through out a lot of apprenticeships,definitely something I'd like to learn more about!

If there are too many stickies then maybe we could just use this thread?

Sticky already in place. Have a look :)

Great work guys,il look forward to your expert inputs!!

Advertisement