Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night meter faulty

Options
  • 12-10-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

hi,

my night meter was diagnosed as fauly by esb networks who replaced it. im not sure when the night meter stopped working but I only noticed it faulty when I turned on the the storage heaters for the first time this winter.
    I believe I have being charged at the day unit rate since the night meter broke , can i apply to electric ireland for a refund ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi mick23,

Did you contact us to request the technician to call out or were you in direct contact with ESB Networks? If the request was made through us then a message would be issued to our billing department to investigate. Either way whenever ESB Networks judge that there is a fault, they log a report with the current electricity provider, who in turn will investigate whether an adjustment should take place. You don’t need to do anything as this should be done automatically.

In the case of time switch faults our billing department will usually take between 8 to 12 weeks from the visit by the technician as we need to examine the report, look into the current usage and the consumption history before a decision can be made on whether the customer’s account needs to be adjusted. If you wish for us to look into your account specifically please send us a private message with your name, account number, address, date of birth or telephone number.

If you require any further clarification please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M

Advertisement