Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Options
  • 13-10-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I actually contacted Eircom to move providers but they persuaded me to stay with a new deal, that was okay  but then they never contacted me again and I called several times.
    I spoke to another adviser, they wanted my  contact number so they would get the person to contact me, fair enough  but still never contacted me, left it a week and rang again and spoke to another sales person who said, yes I see your notes on the computer, she said she would set everything up and give me a call later that evening, that’s many days ago now and still no contact.
    Now this is very poor customer services,. not what I expected from Eircom at all and I’m so disappointed
    I'm going to call this week and just say forget it the whole if this is the way the customer is going to be treated, not such a valued customer after all it would seem...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

2time wrote: »
    I actually contacted Eircom to move providers but they persuaded me to stay with a new deal, that was okay  but then they never contacted me again and I called several times.
    I spoke to another adviser, they wanted my  contact number so they would get the person to contact me, fair enough  but still never contacted me, left it a week and rang again and spoke to another sales person who said, yes I see your notes on the computer, she said she would set everything up and give me a call later that evening, that’s many days ago now and still no contact.
    Now this is very poor customer services,. not what I expected from Eircom at all and I’m so disappointed
    I'm going to call this week and just say forget it the whole if this is the way the customer is going to be treated, not such a valued customer after all it would seem...

Hi 2time

I am sorry to hear this, Certainly if you were advised you would receive a call back, then you should have received a call. Am I right in saying that you were advised that you would receive a call in relation to a new package/ bundle price? Can you send me a PM with your Account no and some further information regarding the nature of the call that was promised to you and I will follow this up.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭2time

Hi 2time

I am sorry to hear this, Certainly if you were advised you would receive a call back, then you should have received a call. Am I right in saying that you were advised that you would receive a call in relation to a new package/ bundle price? Can you send me a PM with your Account no and some further information regarding the nature of the call that was promised to you and I will follow this up.

thanks
    Colm
    last contact I was told i would get a call later but never heard a thing, don't know what's going on but extremely poor from Eircom

Hi 2time

thanks
    Colm
    last contact I was told i would get a call later but never heard a thing, don't know what's going on but extremely poor from Eircom
    Hi 2time

No problem and apologies once again that the promsed contact was not received, if you PM me the account no. I will look into this for you.

thanks
    Colm

Hi 2time

thanks
    Colm
    Hi 2time

No problem and apologies once again that the promsed contact was not received, if you PM me the account no. I will look into this for you.

thanks
    Colm
    ok PM sent to you last night

Hi 2time

thanks
    Colm
    Hi 2time

thanks
    Colm
    ok PM sent to you last night
    Hi 2time

I have just replied to your PM just now,

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

I have had no contact from Eircom loyality dept to find out what is going on.

What a letdown

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

I have had no contact from Eircom loyality dept  to find out what is going on.

What a letdown
    Hi 2time

I am sorry to hear this. I have once again asked them to call you in relation to this.

thanks
    Colm

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

I have had no contact from Eircom loyality dept  to find out what is going on.

What a letdown
    Hi 2time

I am sorry to hear this. I have once again asked them to call you in relation to this.

thanks
    Colm
    ok thanks but can't understand why they need to be told so often to make one simple phone call to one of their customers.
    Messages were left and promises made and still not a word from them, it really is very poor show and I'm losing faith big time in Eircom.. I won't be calling again as just wasting my time and so browned off now with it all.

This is just ridiculous now, you have told me on several occasions that someone would contact me regarding this matter but no one has contacted me and that was way last week, why are we being messed about by Eircom :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

Hi 2time
    I feel your pain. The worst possible customer service imaginable.
    In my opinion you should just get out. They cant sort out anything. 
    You'll get a lot of "sorry to hear your unhappy" and that's about it. And the more other people post in thread the more "Sorry...."'s you will get.
    Dont take my word for it, have a look at all the other unhappy customers.
    Good Luck 

• Advertisement

macmurph wrote: »
    Hi 2time
    You'll get a lot of "sorry to hear your unhappy" and that's about it
    . And the more other people post in thread the more "Sorry...."'s you will get.
    Good Luck 
    Yes that's True, I just don't understand it, many PM's were sent with details etc to the Eircom Rep on here as requested and he said they would contact me, waited a while and sent another PM but this time I got no reply from him, I was just ignored, that is now 10 days ago so what is going on.
    This thread is being ignored too it seems and I don't know why, poor customer services on here too. Its very disappointing. 

Overall its just shows a total lack of respect for their customer's, YES THEIR CUSTOMER'S
    You're right maybe it's Time to move elsewhere where we will be treated better as  getting nowhere here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

macmurph wrote: »
    Hi 2time
    You'll get a lot of "sorry to hear your unhappy" and that's about it
    . And the more other people post in thread the more "Sorry...."'s you will get.
    Good Luck 
    Yes that's True, I just don't understand it, many PM's were sent with details etc to the Eircom Rep on here as requested and he said they would contact me, waited a while and sent another PM but this time I got no reply from him, I was just ignored, that is now 10 days ago so what is going on.
    This thread is being ignored too it seems and I  don't know why, poor customer services on here too. Its very disappointing. 

Overall its just shows a total lack of respect for their customer's, YES THEIR CUSTOMER'S
    You're right maybe it's Time to move elsewhere where we will be treated better as  getting nowhere here.
    Hi 2time

I'm sorry nobody got back to you on this, please PM me your latest query and account details and I'll take it from here

Thanks
    Al

Very little help been giving to us on this matter and the lack of communication between Eircom departments is unreal, no one knows any one there and when you mention a name they don't know that person and you are just passed around from one to the other and in the end you are none the wiser.
    When our contract with them was nearly up we contacted the Eircom loyalty team by phone, they offered us a new deal to keep us on as we were moving so they checked with their supervisor first who okayed it and that was fine, we will indeed give you that deal. I tried several times calling to contact this person, notes left etc but she failed to contact us, called again and spoke to another rep who said she would take note and get her to contact us but again no contact,,, A week later we contacted another rep who said yes we can give you that same deal and asked if I wished to go ahead and we said yes, we will go ahead with that and she said she would put us on that  and we would but up and running soon but was all rubbish.

Colm was to sort it out on here for us and told us on numerous occasions that a rep from the loyalty dept would contact us but yet again no one contacted us but in the end Colm didn’t even reply to our pm’s either.

Then another rep on here decided to take it on so
    Alan got involved but at least he called us last week but was to check and to get back to us ASAP but again nothing from him to date and no reply to our last pm either.
    It seems the Reason we were not contacted initially by these loyalty reps  is because they actually lied to and mislead us but worst of all they had not the common decency to contact us, instead leaving us hanging on  thinking we had a package deal with them and were sorted when all the time they were just wasting our time and messing us about as we had nothing.
    Calls are recorded I believe and did ask the Rep to check these to see what was actually said and given to us but again seem very reluctant to do so.
    We should not have to chase after Reps like this.
    What a lack of professionalism here in this whole matter with Eircom.

We will be making a complaint as it really is a disgrace

Very little help been giving to us on this matter and the  lack of communication between Eircom departments is unreal, no one knows any one there and when you mention a name they don't know that person and you are just passed around from one to the other and in the end you are none the wiser.
    When our contract with them was nearly up we contacted the Eircom loyalty team by phone, they offered us a new deal to keep us on as we were moving so they checked with their supervisor first who okayed it and that was fine, we will indeed give you that deal. I tried several times calling to contact this person, notes left etc but she failed to contact us, called again and spoke to another rep who said she would take note and  get her to contact us but again no contact,,, A week later we contacted another rep who said yes we can give you that same deal and asked if I wished to go ahead and we said yes, we will go ahead with that and she said she would put us on that  and we would but up and running soon but was all rubbish.

Colm was to sort it out on here for us and told us on numerous occasions that a rep from the loyalty dept would contact us but yet again no one contacted us but in the end Colm didn’t even reply to our pm’s either.

Then another rep on here decided to take it on so
    Alan got involved but at least he called us last week but was to check and to get back to us ASAP but again nothing from him to date and no reply to our last pm either.
    It seems the Reason we were not contacted initially by these loyalty reps  is because they actually lied to and mislead us but worst of all they had not the common decency to contact us, instead leaving us hanging on  thinking we had a package deal with them and were sorted when all the time they were just wasting our time and messing us about as we had nothing.
    Calls are recorded I believe and did ask the Rep to check these to see what was actually said and given to us but again seem very reluctant to do so.
    We should not have to chase after Reps like this.
    What a lack of professionalism here in this whole matter with Eircom.

We will be making a complaint as it really is a disgrace
    Hi 2time

I am sorry to hear you did not receive a call in relation to this. I PM'ed you on the 15/10 advising that I had requested the Loyalty team to call you in relation to this. I have once again asked that they contact you. Please let me know if you do not receive a call by Tomorrow and I will follow up.

Colm

Yes you did Colm and they never rang me, I did PM you to let you know but got no reply.

Alan was to get back to me on this last week too telling me he was going to look further into this and call us back but again have heard nothing.

How long does it take?  its really is very frustrating, its been going on far too long and no ones taking any responsibility in Eircom  for anything.

Nothing is being sorted out as far as we can see.

Why were we lied to and mislead on this matter by several Eircom Reps, Colm ?  we would like to know why

Still not sorted and no replies to our above posts either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi time2

I have spoken to a manager in the relevant dept in relation to this & arranged a call-back for you which I believe you have received today.

Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

Ash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This makes really grim reading - up to now if anyone asked me about DSL bb or efibre I would have at least suggested that they consider Eircom but reading this thread and other similar ones here and the ongoing woeful performance issues who could possibly recommend Eircom to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Welcome to Eir-con.
    Terrible customer service.
    I signed up with them about 6 months ago for broadband. Had techs out in the house setting up the line. He said to call them the next day to get them to send out the router. Fine.
    Next morning I call eircom, give my details and they tell me line not verified and to call Back the next day. Fine.
    Next day I call, same story. In fact same story for next two weeks calling twice a day getting more annoyed every call.
    Finally got talking to a nice lady (after talking to a few not so nice people) who explained what was going on... No port available in exchange so I cannot get broadband with them until somebody else leaves eircom and also I am in a queue and no idea where. She said somebody should have told me this a couple of weeks ago.
    Many many more calls to cancellation department and finally get chatting to a guy who cancels my contract for me with no charge I was promised... Two weeks later I get a connection fee bill for over €100...
    Whole process took about two months and I was on the phone to them every week day.
    Also sometimes when on to cancel I would be on hold for about ten minutes and then hung up on. Ring again, on hold, hung up on. Then as a test I rang from my girlfriend's number and got straight through. Strange...

I will Never get eircom again.
    Never.

Advertisement