Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena Dublin - 14 January 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

scudzilla wrote: »
    Like Mushy says, if they sell out lower tier quickly they will open the centre upper tier, they do it quite a lot now they gots them snazzy curtains

they do a good impression of a brick wall!:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seen them last time they played the RDS and I still maintain it was the best live show I've ever seen. I will be there for this one, although probably standing at the back rather than moshing at the front :D

When I saw them in a smaller indoors venue it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen, this was 10 years ago. It's between thema and tool for my favouite gig ever. My quote on boards in 2005: :D
    ok fu*king unbelievable gig.The three bands were excellent.slipknot were unbelievable.
    knew it was gonna be good the minute i got my ticket...number 666...
    didn't think we'd get in the pit but we managed it.the sound was bad some places but it was really great in others.
    ''dublin we got LEFT BEHIND''

Had so many injuries after that when they asked for the biggest circle pit the world has ever seen, poor security haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

When I saw them in a smaller indoors venue it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen,

What venues did you see them in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh sorry, I meant indoors in RDS simmonscourt vs outdoors RDS at metallica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Oh sorry, I meant indoors in RDS simmonscourt vs outdoors RDS at metallica.

Ha, no worries! I read it wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

How much are tickets??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Standing tickets are €60. I just got mine there and ticketmaster was saying limited availability for standing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I can't seem to buy standing tickets? Are they sold out does anyone know? Standing are available for 'Early entry' package which is 170 euro!

Seems like they are, as they show that they are gone for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yup they are the gf said that a friend of hers tried to buy the normal ones on the friday and he said they were gone after 5 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I would have thought they'd start selling the tickets in the upper seated section from Blocks H to P, considering it is saying on the drop down menu that the only seated tickets available are in Block A, and that everything else from Blocks B to G are unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Upper tiers onsale if you go through best available.

Really happy this sold this well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

God dammit, didn't think standing would sell out so fast :( If anyone has two for sale, would buy! Would pay up to 20 above value for each :)

God dammit, didn't think standing would sell out so fast :( If anyone has two for sale, would buy! Would pay up to 20 above value for each :)

Why not just buy the sitting, and chance entrance one or 3 on the day? worse happens.you sit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I just bought two standing tickets for this from Ticketmaster? Never been to a gig like this in the Point before. It said limited availability. Are my in general standing outside some sort of pit that has already sold?

Confused at people saying standing was already sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

I just bought two standing tickets for this from Ticketmaster? Never been to a gig like this in the Point before. It said limited availability. Are my in general standing outside some sort of pit that has already sold?

not sure seems weird maybe the stage details have been set and extra space is available , it's more common at outdoor concerts but some 3arena shows have a mini stage , my ticket arrived today can't wait falls on my birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Standing is unreserved, people were saying sold out as you could no longer purchase tickets obviously but they are back up saying limited availability for that very reason, there is all sorts of goings on/roguery with ticket agencies they like to keep us in the dark as best they can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Best of luck to all those who get stabbed at this, hope you have a quick recovery

Best of luck to all those who get stabbed at this, hope you have a quick recovery

it's not dance music, we'll be fine

Stabbed? At slipknot?.. Silly man :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

The new album's sh!te. There, I said it!

It's just Stone Sour-knot. Bland and full of teenage angst. When compared to the self titled or even the likes of Iowa it seems tame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pazzybee

you fooking idiot. I've seen Slipknot 3 times, Metallica 5 times, Korn twice, Dragonforce 4 times been to download, and never have I had trouble. Sure we all jump about and hop off each other but if you go down in the pit there's at least 5 people trying to help you up.

I went to see Ed Sheeran there in october with a mate and 5 knackers tried to fight me.

That's one of the best things about Metal and Rock music the knackers and scumbags wont go near it.

Sick of this negative view of Metal/Rock fans. Just fuk you man seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

pazzybee wrote: »
    you fooking idiot. I've seen Slipknot 3 times, Metallica 5 times, Korn twice, Dragonforce 4 times been to download, and never have I had trouble. Sure we all jump about and hop off each other but if you go down in the pit there's at least 5 people trying to help you up.

I went to see Ed Sheeran there in october with a mate and 5 knackers tried to fight me.

That's one of the best things about Metal and Rock music the knackers and scumbags wont go near it.

Sick of this negative view of Metal/Rock fans. Just fuk you man seriously

Probably gonna get a yellow/red card for that but WELL worth it

no standing tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pazzybee

scudzilla wrote: »
    Probably gonna get a yellow/red card for that but WELL worth it

It just really annoys me when ignorant people say stupid things about these concerts with no notion of what really happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

pazzybee wrote: »
    It just really annoys me when ignorant people say stupid things about these concerts with no notion of what really happens

Laughable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

GOD DAMMIT :( They must have released a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The new album's sh!te. There, I said it!

It's just Stone Sour-knot. Bland and full of teenage angst. When compared to the self titled or even the likes of Iowa it seems tame.

Maybe you don't listen to Stone Sour much but I couldn't see many of the new tracks on a Stone Sour album at all. I didn't expect much from the new album and wasn't enthusiastic after hearing it but a few plays since its daycent! They were never gonna make another self titled or Iowa but it's certainly miles better IMO than All Hope Is Gone as for teen angst part the first song on Iowa is People=Sh1t afterall!

It won't let me post links, check out setlist.fm and look up korn and slipknots most recent shows to have an idea what prepare for hell might bring to dublin (it will definetly change slightly throughout the tour not much)

I think slipknots looks pretty damn good, all of my favorites are there.

Korn's looks wayyy too short. Barely any songs there, and they promised to play Daddy during this tour (not that I would like to hear that song). I'm glad Love and meth is there but I wish faget was, it looks very good and powerful live (from youtube videos)

It has changed more than usual for them to be fair and dropping "Wait and Bleed" at a number of the shows even more so. Never seen them play "My Plague" or "Vermillion" so hoping they stay in the set.

Korns set will most likely stay same as it has done in U.S. , they are supposed to be celebrating their 20th anniversary or something and playing the first album in full they aren't gonna waste that on people who mightn't even be there to see them, They will do that at their own shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 metaldrummer

Can't stand the new drummer on the Gray chapter, he keeps using the same stupid fill on a lot of the songs. And his drumming is nothing like joeys, joey had technique and amazing sound where this new lad is lost in all the songs, can't hear what he is doing most times apart from that stupid fill I keep hearing. He had big boots to fill and it seems he isn't the right size for a comfy fit. Anyhow to the ticket sales of this place, pal works in ticketmaster and ticket sales are at near 12 thousand, so 3000 or so to go but the standing holds 8500 normally but they have put out over 9000 for this which accounts for the 3 times so far that standing has sold out, they first had 8000 then 8500 then 9000 so looks like it will be a full house standing, first tiered seats have almost sold out with block d, b, gone first and the second tier has half gone,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Can't stand the new drummer on the Gray chapter, he keeps using the same stupid fill on a lot of the songs. And his drumming is nothing like joeys, joey had technique and amazing sound where this new lad is lost in all the songs, can't hear what he is doing most times apart from that stupid fill I keep hearing. He had big boots to fill and it seems he isn't the right size for a comfy fit. Anyhow to the ticket sales of this place, pal works in ticketmaster and ticket sales are at near 12 thousand, so 3000 or so to go but the standing holds 8500 normally but they have put out over 9000 for this which accounts for the 3 times so far that standing has sold out, they first had 8000 then 8500 then 9000 so looks like it will be a full house standing, first tiered seats have almost sold out with block d, b, gone first and the second tier has half gone,

Tbh I dont think Jay is playing anything that he wasnt told to play.

Advertisement