Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena Dublin - 14 January 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They may be moved to another section.if unsold come Wednesday, imagine it could be tough to organise on the night though.

I have seen them just open the one upper block before (paramore I.think) so they could..

They'd certainly prefer to move them though,
    less staff, and looks a lot better to have the 'wall' (curtain) covering the whole upper section, instead of having a big hole.

Indeed, I saw it happen a few times, I think Block L was the only upper balcony section that was open for the Slash gig. I think the other sections were curtained off with that 'brick wall'!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Anybody any idea of stage times? Will be trying to get there in time for Korn from work on the other side of the city. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya could do with stage times alright. I presume Slipknot won't be on till at least 8:30-9:00. Coming from limerick after work so will be only up in Dublin around 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya could do with stage times alright. I presume Slipknot won't be on till at least 8:30-9:00. Coming from limerick after work so will be only up in Dublin around 7.

Slipknots set is an hour and 40, so bout 9.

I'm imagine Korn at 8, king at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Any good after partys happening? Fibbers could be a spot i guess....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

A buddy of mine is looking for a standing ticket. Do ye reckon if he buys a seating ticket he'll be able to get down to the floor?

Any good after partys happening? Fibbers could be a spot i guess....

Poison seem to be throwing one in play nightclub.

Cant go wrong with Fibbers either

Mongo wrote: »
    A buddy of mine is looking for a standing ticket. Do ye reckon if he buys a seating ticket he'll be able to get down to the floor?

Imagine theyll srop it.. Seemingly everyone will be trying it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Impossible to get from seating area to standing with that layout at the 3Arena.

When you enter the venue with a seated ticket, you automatically have to go up the stairs.
    And unless you jump a 20 foot drop (at a guess), you're not getting back down to the standing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

lambayire wrote: »
    Impossible to get from seating area to standing with that layout at the 3Arena.

When you enter the venue with a seated ticket, you automatically have to go up the stairs.
    And unless you jump a 20 foot drop (at a guess), you're not getting back down to the standing area.

Somebody did that at pearl jam, broke an arm

http://www.herald.ie/news/fan-survives-balcony-leap-at-pearl-jam-27955102.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

is there a smoking area for seated tickets or do you share it with standing? I remember an elevator beside one on ground floor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

GaryByrne wrote: »
    is there a smoking area for seated tickets or do you share it with standing? I remember an elevator beside one on ground floor

The seated smoking area not shared with Standing its downstairs but barriered off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

EyesClosed wrote: »

It's happened a good few times actually, mostly with people who are having a good time if you catch the drift.

Sometimes it can be easy to get from seating to standing and they leave it open but with a sold out standing section and most of the seating people wanting standing it'll be closed off for sure! It'll be no mosh pit but if upstairs gets going at all it can be good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finally got my hands on two standing tickets, just worried now about the weather, there is a possibility of a major storm on the 14th, not nailed on yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

This gig seems to have sold very well, so I find it odd, that as a result, the upper balcony seats, from Blocks H to P, don't seem to have been put on sale.

Those blocks are not included on the drop down menu on the ticketmaster site.

Upper balcony is open - not sure why ticketmaster isn't showing it there as normally it does. But if you click in and try book tickets - say try to book 8 for example in best available that it can, I was just given seats in block N so some of the upper tier at least is open (Blocks J,K,L,M,N at least)

timmywex wrote: »
    Upper balcony is open - not sure why ticketmaster isn't showing it there as normally it does. But if you click in and try book tickets - say try to book 8 for example in best available that it can, I was just given seats in block N so some of the upper tier at least is open (Blocks J,K,L,M,N at least)

N?! This has sold very well then..
    Should be a monster crowd Wednesday :D

Xenji wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on two standing tickets, just worried now about the weather, there is a possibility of a major storm on the 14th, not nailed on yet though!

Dont say that.. Meant to be flying to england on Thursday.. Be bad enough getting soaked wednesday :p

On the point re upper seats, lower section now saying no tickets avalable when you chose location, upper will certainly be open!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Let's hope there no hostage situations like in Paris at the concert lol

On my own at the concert unfortunaly travelling up from Waterford hopefully it's a good night

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What time is everybody planning on arriving at the 3arena? Just curios as it is my first time at an arena, there is no pit so lining up hours before the doors open is unnecessary right?

Only if you want to get to the very front . You will have a decent view wherever you stand

• Advertisement

Corey Taylor
    4 hrs ·
    Dublin.
    Omw
    ‪#‎soon‬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Definitely no pit? Ages since i saw a pit in the point but have seen one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I usually collect my tickets at the venue from the box office. After you collect them you have to stroll over to a few people with the hand scanners to gain access. If you have seated tickets then you just walk up the stairs or if you fancied it you could simply walk into the standing section.

Best of both worlds.

Keep and eye out around Dublin , The band have arrived already

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Standing tickets available again.

Pingi wrote: »
    Standing tickets available again.

V v limited.. More than 3 and it says no go, must have got stage demensions today and able fit a few more..

Band have arrived, Sid has been having chocolate in the hotel apparently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Anyone know where i get a decent and cheap pair of Ear plugs in Dublin? After my fair share of gigs I think the ears are on the verge of developing tinnitus

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Sids out and about tonight, is in Fibbers right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Anyone know where i get a decent and cheap pair of Ear plugs in Dublin? After my fair share of gigs I think the ears are on the verge of developing tinnitus

For a quick fix head to a chemist and get the disposable wax ones. They're about six quid a dozen. I used to use them before I got my good ones. They muffle the sound a bit but they do the job. Just remember to remove the cotton wool before insertion. And warm them in your hands for a minute so they go in easier.

• Advertisement

King 8.10: 7 - 7:30
    Korn: 7:50 to 8:40

Slipknot: 9:10 - 11

From 3 arena fb

Advertisement