Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena Dublin - 14 January 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I heard from a friend that extra tickets have been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

looking forward!! where is best place for aftershow!!where am i most likely to meet a band member!! ;p fibbers?? what this club poison?never hear dof it before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Safe travelling to anyone heading up today. With the weather the way it is it's better to be safe than sorry when travelling out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Anyone know what the story is with bringing a bag or coat to the 3arena? I know that they have no cloakroom so for those of us with standing tickets it will be a nightmare trying to mind stuff.

Also what about getting drinks there? Are there bar facilities inside the main arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone know what the story is with bringing a bag or coat to the 3arena? I know that they have no cloakroom so for those of us with standing tickets it will be a nightmare trying to mind stuff.

Also what about getting drinks there? Are there bar facilities inside the main arena?

Allowed bring them in, bag will probably get checked. Just have to keep hold of it.

Yeah there are bar facilities...€6.50 a pint though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah there are bar facilities...€6.50 a pint though.

I'll have to get a bit oiled up beforehand so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I'll have to get a bit oiled up beforehand so :D

I really hope you're a girl, cause you're turning me on with comment like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Just got some free last minute tickets to this! Haven't seen either acts since 2004/2005! Going to be some show!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

So is it a definitive no to the seating into standing question

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

D.Q wrote: »
    So is it a definitive no to the seating into standing question

pretty much from what I can see it's added security in the stairwell area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

So im just in from this gig. Girlfriend had her purse and phone stolen from her bag. I caught someone with their hand in my pocket but i had no idea who when i turned around and 4 of my friends had phones taken as well as numerous people around us. I've been to so many metal gigs and never have i experienced anything like it. Gardai didnt give a ****... Security couldnt care less...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

colmufc wrote: »
    pretty much from what I can see it's added security in the stairwell area

Kudos to whoever recommended the box office as a way to get downstairs. Worked a treat, strolled in not a bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Phone gone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A few mates and their other halves had items stolen as well, not uncommon for organized gangs of pickpockets to target gigs.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

That's terrible that people had items stolen. Very uncommon for the average gig, I'd imagine somebody set out to do it (maybe gangs as suggested).

I was seated and thought Korn were excellent as expected, Slipknot were decent as expected. Would definitely go to see Korn again, just a shame that they weren't headlining tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Just in the door what a gig korn were brilliant as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

more a fan of Korn myself, thought they were great but were given the usual lower volume treatment that's given to support bands. which was a pity. Not mad into Slipknot but enjoyed the set... coulda done with a lot less banter which was basically just apologising 10 times for not playing ireland in ages and telling us how amazing we are. Wish KoRn had a longer set... hopefully they do a headlining tour soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My short review.. Korn was brilliant, but the set was a little short.

Slipknot nailed it, but dammit how many times were we told we're the best crowd blah-d-blah.. That said I thought they were flawless.

Sound was spot on too.

Altogether I'd a brilliant night.

Pity to hear some phones and purses went missing but my experience of working both gigs and clubs is that people don't/won't take responsibility for their belongings and would rather blame others for their own negligence.

Damn that was a blustery walk up the quays to The Gypsy Rose, Poison & then Fibbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Great concert, King 810 weren't great, but truthfully, that was probably only due to my anticipation of Korn and Slipknot, I just wanted their set to end. Korn killed it, loved their set, though, unfortunately, they seemed to leave out a good few of their popular songs, though, that's understandable with an hour set. Slipknot was incredible, loved every second of it. Feel like death now, but that's how you know it was a good concert! I also gotta say, fair play to the fans, I've never seen a concert where all the fans looked out for each other so much, every single time someone fell in a mosh pit, all the action stopped and everyone helped them back to their feet. Unfortunately, I do believe there must've been some type of pickpocket gang in action tonight, I had a backpack for my jacket, and during the concert I noticed the zip had been opened, luckily my jacket didn't fall out and I had nothing of any value in it. It's a shame, but it's something that's unfortunately going to happen at a concert like this. I personally don't think the people there to actually enjoy the concert(or the very vast majority of them anyway) would be the type of people to pickpocket, I definitely believe it was some type of pickpocketing gang(or a bunch of individual people who bought tickets for that reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Just a heads up, I handed a purse to a security guard. Anyone who lost one, might be worth checking out?

Great gig, loved Slipknot. Korn were pretty good too, I just wish I knew more songs of theirs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Only problem with Korn was the volume. I was standing and couldn't really hear them well at all.

On the lost phone, I've never lost anything in the point before and phones don't just fall out of pockets. It was fairly rough where I had moved to for slipknot so easy for someone to get into pockets. Was switched off immediately too which is telling

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

enjoyed the show no end korn were great knot were great but the sound was poor once you move to the back (to get some water) it's like the sound just dies I've generally never had a problem with the sound in the 3arena but it's quite shocking how much it falls off considering how much of a deal they made about the place being designed to have an all round acoustic sweet spot anyway I saw a few people coming out from the centre of the crowd that looked injured ,one girl looked horrified with her friend running after her to mare sure she was okay , one woman had a big bloody face and there was definitely pickpocket groups going around I felt my bag shifting at one point as I turned some scobey looking prick scattered , it's unfortunately the perfect concert for them to target but overall great show

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

I thought Korn were going to be pretty poor but how wrong I was, absolutely stole the show, should have been headlining, thought the set had some great old numbers. Slipknot were very good, pretty tight, I think they could strip it down to a 5 piece, a few of the boys are there for show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It's hard to not be tight when the CDs are playing in the background. Corey Taylor's unmistakable voice ringing out while the microphone is tucked behind his knee or out over the crowd. Liveliest miming I've seen since <insert embarrassing event here>. Disappointed, but truth be told not that surprised.

Didn't play enough old tracks, at least it seemed like Korn were actually playing. But I'm open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I think they could strip it down to a 5 piece, a few of the boys are there for show

too right, that Dj/sample guy especially. he was running up and down the steps and jumping down onto his platform more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Töpher wrote: »
    It's hard to not be tight when the CDs are playing in the background. Corey Taylor's unmistakable voice ringing out while the microphone is tucked behind his knee or out over the crowd. Liveliest miming I've seen since <insert embarrassing event here>. Disappointed, but truth be told not that surprised.

Didn't play enough old tracks, at least it seemed like Korn were actually playing. But I'm open to correction on that.

Seemed to me like one of the lads was doing backing, although he may have been using recorded harmonies.

Was thinking you could cut about 4 of them out and have the same sound. Clown looked bored as fook.

That being said, they were ****in awesome, so were Korn, who compared to the last time I seen them here in the point were like a completely different band. Lauzier is a beast.

Slipknot are just a phenomenal live act though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After seeing Korn at Rock Im Park in 2009 i was not really looking forward to them but they def upped their game since then and i really enjoyed the last half of the set by the time i got in.
    Slipknot were great but agree too much we love you , best crowd ever etc (i hate that at any gig). I think the reason clown looked pissed off was because his platform must have been broken since i never seen it move or go up.
    As said its so **** to hear so many people were robbed.
    Great gig from both bands and they seemed to be enjoying themselves more then after reading the reviews of the american tour.

Korn's opener last night.. I'll have Slipknots soon but I have to edit it as its a pretty long intro before the curtain came up..

Here's Korn, enjoy.

(Checking out the moshing at 3:15 :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I really dislike people recording gigs with their phone up in the air... Sitting behind three guys last night and they watched most of the gig through their phones.. unfortunately so did I. I just don't get it..

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    I really dislike people recording gigs with their phone up in the air... Sitting behind three guys last night and they watched most of the gig through their phones.. unfortunately so did I. I just don't get it..

I had mine duct taped to my forehead, I'm thoughtful like that :cool:

Advertisement