Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness

Options
  • 13-10-2014 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I love my job and my employers are great, brilliant in fact which is why I feel bad that I am ill. I have the most dreadful cold which had gone to my chest and I am finding it difficult to breath and supress my cough. The only problem is that I have come in to work because I know they are really busy and I can't let them down. I also know that this is going to get worse before it gets better. I just want to go home and don't feel that I can. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Go home.

It's not your fault if your manager does not have contingency plans to cover for staff illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

One of the risks of going to work with a heavy cold is that you give it to co-workers, making it even worse for an employer.
    You need to go home and get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Stay at work and battle through it.

Nobody likes a quitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Just to ad to mrs obumble any half decent manager will know that there is little point in you being in work when sick, as you won't be productive.

Advertisement