Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crossbreed dogs and who they take after

• 13-10-2014 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

So i've always wondered what breed nala's dad was. When we went to pick her up saw mum who is definatly bullmastiff and was shown dad who was "artic wolf" (i know he's not). Nala looks more shepherdy than anything especially like a belgian mallinois but i know she's half mastiff! Don't have many pics of her parents but did do these comparisons. What ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Bullmastiff x shepherd straight out I'd say. Dad was probably a white shepherd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I don't think Belgian at all. Completely different type of head. Bullmastiff/Shepard/ Lab type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Definitely shepherd, look at the long nose :)

I doubt she's part Lab. Lab crosses usually look mostly Lab, more so than other crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Magenta wrote: »

I doubt she's part Lab. Lab crosses usually look mostly Lab, more so than other crosses.

My friend has a Mastiff/Lab cross that looks very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Magenta wrote: »

Funny becsuse the vet said she has a mastiff mouth! This is her not long after i got her. She definatly has mastiff personality. Very laid back and takes everything in her stride. Most people think she's shepherd so can i presume dog i was told was her dad isn't? Funny thing is that she's only 30kgs so not as big as mom or dad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

There's defo a good bit o shepherd in there!

Lovely dog :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Nala's a BEAUTIFUL Dog.

There is a Bull Mastiff on our lane. He is blind AND deaf. Beautiful dog, has a labrador who lives with him - he makes the lab look so small, hes so huge. Seems to manage perfectly well around his property despite being blind and deaf. hes only a couple of years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Mastiff's are a great breed and don't get enough good press! My cousin was home from new zealand a few weeks ago. She been living there for years but didn't want to get a dog untill she got residency. She got that this year so was asking me what breed to get. She never had dog growing up but her boyfriend always had collies as he grew up on a farm. I was telling her not to get collie cos they're not first time owner dog and she should go for mastiff/bull breed as they dog sit for there friends who all have staffs or mastiff so she's some experience with them. It just happened that dog trainer was out that night so i asked her opinion she said getting a collie would be like her going to riding a stallion having never been horse riding before! Cousin is still looking for dog but collie is off the list.

Advertisement