Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D700

• 13-10-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,

I have a Nikon D700 that I bought second hand in America, it has been working great but lately when you press the shutter release nothing happens, and R13 shows up on the display.When it first started happening it was the odd time, but its getting more frequent now, and I use different CF cards but they all the same. Is it something to do with buffering, as it takes a few seconds for it to work again, but its getting annoying as missing good shots. Is this normal?

I also have a SB-910 flashgun, and that is starting to fire, and strobe all by itself! I read somewhere that it is the hotshoe on the D700 that is faulty.

Also I notice that it only seems to happen when I have the flashgun attached and in use.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭intolerant

I used to own a D700 and had a similar issue, from memory I connected the camera to the mac and updated the firmware for it, then cleaned the lens connectors and used only fast memory cards thereafter.

All of that worked fine for me and never had an issue with the 700 after that. I belive the r13 is a buffer message as opposed to an error message.

Hope this helps...

Advertisement