Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre availability in my Village

Options
  • 13-10-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭

Hi. I sent a message to Alan last week asking to check my line - I didn't open a thread at the time, just wondering if you are able to do anything for me?

Long Story Short - Switched to Eircom BB on the back of the published dates for "eFibre is coming". Those dates moved several times since August, and now when i check my line its defaulted back to, "eFibre is not available yet in your area however let us alert you when it's available."

I know this is not the case as a nearby neighbor eventually got it, and im closer to the cabinet than he is. (altho im not in his estate).

I am in the center of the village, not sure how i could be NOT connected.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭yankinlk

does this forum work anymore? or is eircom snowed under with similar requests?

false advertising for sure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

yankinlk wrote: »

Hi yankinlk

Apologies for the delays, I haven't been here for a couple of days. I have looked in to your query and I can confirm that your specific area is not yet connected to a VDSL (fibre) cabinet yet and although your friends address may be further the coverage of efibre is set on a specific path and not all areas/estates in range will be able to avail of efibre right away.

Having discussed this further with efibre planning they have indicated that more plans should be available to advise on in mid 2015 and if you would like to get back to me then I'll hope to have better news for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi yankinlk

Apologies for the delays, I haven't been here for a couple of days. I have looked in to your query and I can confirm that your specific area is not yet connected to a VDSL (fibre) cabinet yet and although your friends address may be further the coverage of efibre is set on a specific path and not all areas/estates in range will be able to avail of efibre right away.

Having discussed this further with efibre planning they have indicated that more plans should be available to advise on in mid 2015 and if you would like to get back to me then I'll hope to have better news for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Sigh.   Thanks at least for the reply.

I have to be honest - i would NOT have switched to eircom except for the promised delivery of Efibre to my specific address last Summer. Mid 2015? Surely there is some serious false advertising happening here.

Hi yankinlk

Thanks
    Al

I have to be honest - i would NOT have switched to eircom except for the promised delivery of Efibre to my specific address last Summer. Mid 2015? Surely there is some serious false advertising happening here.

Hi yankinlk

It is advised that not all areas will be covered right away and the terms of service would not include efibre until it is available and ready to sign up to on it's own separate conditions. I can understand your disappointment and I look forward to being able to offer you much better news in the future.

Al

Hi yankinlk

Thanks
    Al

Hi yankinlk

It is advised that not all areas will be covered right away and the terms of service would not include efibre until it is available and ready to sign up to on it's own separate conditions. I can understand your disappointment and I look forward to being able to offer you much better news in the future.

Al
    Ok. Will send you a PM now with my details - do you think at least my line could be increased to the max available?
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Hi yankinlk

Thanks
    Al

Hi yankinlk

Al
    Ok. Will send you a PM now with my details - do you think at least my line could be increased to the max available?
    Thanks in advance.
    No worries, I'll run some tests to check for possible improvements

Al

i got an install date for the adsl2 upgrade at least... thx for yer help.

tbh without this forum i would have cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

i got an install date for the adsl2 upgrade at least... thx for yer help.

tbh without this forum i would have cancelled.
    Hi yankinlk

Glad to hear this and thank you for the nice feedback,

Colm

My date has come nad gone... and there does not seem to be any increases in speed.  Can you check on the order possibly?
    I didnt get any notification or anything other than Oct 23rd would be my upgrade date.

Upgraded yesterday. If ye had anything to do with it, thanks in advance! good luck

• Advertisement

Upgraded yesterday. If ye had anything to do with it, thanks in advance! good luck
    No worries yankinlk

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement