Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue tax refund cheque

Options
  • 13-10-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi I'm just wondering if you can take a tax refund cheque to any branch and cash it? I'm not a bank of Ireland account holder but would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

darrenking wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering if you can take a tax refund cheque to any branch and cash it? I'm not a bank of Ireland account holder but would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
    Hi darrenking, 

Many thanks for your post.

The cheque cannot be cashed in a branch.

It needs to be lodged to a bank account in your name. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

On a similer note about revenue tax refund checks.
     i keep trying to lodge a few of mine with the lodgement machine as you wont allow any other way, but they always get returned saying no such account? How can the governments revenue account not exist? 
    i have brought them into my branch, but all they keep saying is "sorry, but all you can do is try lodging them again with our machine".

How do i actually cash them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Skatedude wrote: »
    On a similer note about revenue tax refund checks.
     i keep trying to lodge a few of mine with the lodgement machine as you wont allow any other way, but they always get returned saying no such account? How can the governments revenue account not exist? 
    i have brought them into my branch, but all they keep saying is "sorry, but all you can do is try lodging them again with our machine".

How do i actually cash them?
    Hi Skatedude,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

With a Revenue cheque, you will need to lodge it into your account and you would not be able to cash it. 

We'd like to resolve this for you. So that we can look into this with the branch, if you could please send us a private message with your name and contact number, your account holding branch, or if the branch you were trying to lodge these cheques in differs from your account holding branch, please also include this. 
    There is no need for your account details in the private message. 

Please click the link in my signature below to send a private message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement