Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorbike Parking Four Courts, Dublin

• 13-10-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭

Have to attend the Four Courts on wednesday, only just been warned. Is the multilevel parking sae in the area?

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

thecivvie wrote: »
    Have to attend the Four Courts on wednesday, only just been warned. Is the multilevel parking sae in the area?

I've passed by on the Luas and seen bikes parked within the grounds. you could try bring the bike in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

GBX wrote: »
    I've passed by on the Luas and seen bikes parked within the grounds. you could try bring the bike in ?

My understanding is that they are staff motorbikes, not sure. Just don't want to come back to a ticket lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Ample parking right at the entrance :cool:

Yeah not sure I would like to leave my baby outside for hours unattended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

thecivvie wrote: »
    Yeah not sure I would like to leave my baby outside for hours unattended
    Park it in view of a gardai (assuming there's one outside there?), security man or cctv camera.

• Advertisement

There's also parking just down the road on jervis st. The multi sorry there has motorbike parking.

Otherwise it looks like there should be security outside if you park on the path. There's also a ton of bike racks just a short distance from the entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Cienciano wrote: »
    Park it in view of a gardai (assuming there's one outside there?), security man or cctv camera.

Think you'll find the majority of City based gardai are away in the suburbs on meter watch duties :(

Thanks for all the help. Just been dewarned so will keep the info for the next case l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

similar thought,
    is there any specific or allocated motorbike parking in the city?
    or specific in multistories? is the cost different to parking a car?

Im thinking more of security where it cant be lifted lock and all into a van, right under the eyes of some security or a garda might not do the job as if they are there, might not see it happen, they're there to do something else anyway.

Any better or worse in a multistory? secure or somewhere it can be worked on and lifted under cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

cerastes wrote: »
    similar thought,

Im thinking more of security where it cant be lifted lock and all into a van, right under the eyes of some security or a garda might not do the job as if they are there, might not see it happen, they're there to do something else anyway.

Any better or worse in a multistory? secure or somewhere it can be worked on and lifted under cover?

The only bike specific parking I'm aware of is Princes Street, between the GPO and Penneys.
    Secure .. depends on your own lock and immobilizor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I often park in multistories, never pay, the gap in the barrier is generally wide enough to waggle a bike through. (although the one in the point is very tight :) )

cerastes wrote: »
    similar thought,

The Jervis st one has motorbike spaces and there's always someone around. Im talking about the one that isnt linked to the shopping centre. Can't remember how much it is but I hate paying for parking when I'm on the bike so I normally park outside the multistory on the path, preferably beside an R1 or a CBR thats much cleaner than mine.

I often park in multistories, never pay, the gap in the barrier is generally wide enough to waggle a bike through. (although the one in the point is very tight :) )

Same... and if the gaps too small there's always a path somewhere.

Advertisement