Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M1 City North Hotel

Options
  • 13-10-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know exactly where this is? I've to be there on Saturday morning first thing, but have no clue how to get there???

Are there any landmarks I should look out for???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

Up the M1, past the airport, past the service station, past balbriggan and I think it's the exit for Laytown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

M1 head North and it is just off exit 7 up off the slip road straight in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

no12 wrote: »
    M1 head North and it is just off exit 7 up off the slip road straight in front of you.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's sign posted as you reach the exit for it. You can't miss it once you get to the top of the slip road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Take the exit marked Balbriggan (north) on the M1. Its right in front of you when you come off the motorway

P_1 wrote: »
    Take the exit marked Balbriggan (north) on the M1. Its right in front of you when you come off the motorway

Balbriggan North?

Just take exit 7, they're all numbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

It's in Co. Meath. In the middle of a field, no City in sight.:D

Exit 7 M1.

• Advertisement

Hi all. I found it. It's literally just over the Meath/Dublin border. It's a fabulous hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Does anyone know why it was built there specifically? Every time I drive past it, I wonder why someone would choose to build such a big multistory hotel, out in the middle of nowhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Does anyone know why it was built there specifically? Every time I drive past it, I wonder why someone would choose to build such a big multistory hotel, out in the middle of nowhere?

Nope. But every time I drive by it I picture it being on some "Holiday from Hell" show in Germany or something :D. I'm sure it's a lovely hotel but the name is very misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Archeron

I've had quite a few meetings with northern Ireland customers there, easy access to dubin and Belfast, neither has to travel too far and neither gets stuck in each others traffic. That's not a great reason to build a massive hotel in a field I guess, but I've sure found it useful.

Nice carvery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Archeron wrote: »
    I've had quite a few meetings with northern Ireland customers there, easy access to dubin and Belfast, neither has to travel too far and neither gets stuck in each others traffic. That's not a great reason to build a massive hotel in a field I guess, but I've sure found it useful.

Nice carvery too.

Fair enough. That makes sense. I've seen plenty of county hotels that are out in the middle of nowhere. But they usually serve the local community & are the local watering hole, as well as the local wedding/christening/Debs venue. The only local community around there, are cows & sheep. :P

You'd want to have some business vision to build it in the first place though, wouldn't you? I've never seen a hotel like it, anywhere else in Ireland...hotels on the outskirts of towns & cities yes, but never as big as that, or as isolated as that. I often wondered if there was a large company near by, that would require accommodation for visiting business travelers, hence it being built just there.

I think there was supposed to be a huge business park built to the left of it (as you come up from Dublin) but it never happened. It seems to do well on it down though with weddings etc... It also hosts a lot of dance comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Not everyone goes to a hotel on holidays!

They host quite a lot of conferences, meetings, etc. It is also handy for people travelling from the north who have early flights to catch from the airport.

Weddings, birthday parties, etc., etc.

Advertisement