Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Ink?

Options
  • 13-10-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

anyone tell me where the best place to get printer ink is online?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've used these folks many times with no problem.
    https://www.123ink.ie/
    used to be called inkmaestro.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭rob316

compatible or genuine? what printer do you have by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

I've used inkjet.ie good value and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

rob316 wrote: »
    compatible or genuine? what printer do you have by the way.

Genuine preferably, I need HP15 ink

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

For those in the market...Tesco had "remanufactured" cartridges down from something like 23.99 to 18.99 to 6.25 yesterday. Bought 3. They might be crap but will give them a shot and see. It says 45ml on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Hi vicwatson. Tesco (Jettec) cartridges can be ropey at the best of times - particularly for older printers like yours. The cartridges do not store very well. My advice would be to test all three cartridges and return any which are faulty (almost nobody does this!). If testing them make sure you reinstall the plastic clip correctly as they will be useless otherwise. No guarantees they'll still work in 12 months time but you've got the equivalent of almost 6 original cartridges there (ml wise). Not a bad deal if a couple work! In general they are really expensive though. €21.99 is outrageous. They're buying those for €3 at most.

Inkmaestro/123ink.ie are the cheapest in the country for most original cartridges by a good stretch. Their 'own brand' cartridges on the other hand (which is how they make money) are overpriced and lot of their '50% more than the original' claims are untrue.

Inkjet.ie are much cheaper for compatible/recycled cartridges but depending on your brand of printer (they actually vary greatly) their stuff can be spot on or rubbish! Very competitively priced though.

UK sellers on Ebay will be far cheaper than anybody (almost ;)) operating in Ireland.

If anybody needs any printer advice, feel free to message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭hopeso

Hi vicwatson. Tesco (Jettec) cartridges can be ropey at the best of times - particularly for older printers like yours. The cartridges do not store very well. My advice would be to test all three cartridges and return any which are faulty (almost nobody does this!). If testing them make sure you reinstall the plastic clip correctly as they will be useless otherwise. No guarantees they'll still work in 12 months time but you've got the equivalent of almost 6 original cartridges there (ml wise). Not a bad deal if a couple work! In general they are really expensive though. €21.99 is outrageous. They're buying those for €3 at most.

Inkmaestro/123ink.ie are the cheapest in the country for most original cartridges by a good stretch. Their 'own brand' cartridges on the other hand (which is how they make money) are overpriced and lot of their '50% more than the original' claims are untrue.

Inkjet.ie are much cheaper for compatible/recycled cartridges but depending on your brand of printer (they actually vary greatly) their stuff can be spot on or rubbish! Very competitively priced though.

UK sellers on Ebay will be far cheaper than anybody (almost ;)) operating in Ireland.

If anybody needs any printer advice, feel free to message me.

Where would you recommend I should go to get ink for a Dell P513w?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

You should pick up compatibles on Ebay for next to nothing. The printheads in those machines have a short lifespan from what I've seen so I wouldn't overdo it with the quantities. Ideally if you could find recycled/remanufactured cartridges on there they are usually better but I doubt anybody bothers since the Chinese are producing copies so cheap.

Don't be fooled by price - they are basically all the same thing and paying a premium for a compatible is pointless in most cases.

Advertisement