Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding an invactive line on my adress (ARD?)

Options
  • 13-10-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Recently called Eircom as there is an inactive line at my home that I want to set up with another provider. However more than one line is showing with my address, so I contacted Eircom to ask could they identify the right line but the advisor wasn't too helpful and basically kept trying to sell me Eircom, said that I was snookered and nobody else can take over an inactive line which I know not to be true. Think I need an ARD key or number? Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

ItsNugget wrote: »
    Recently called Eircom as there is an inactive line at my home that I want to set up with another provider. However more than one line is showing with my address, so I contacted Eircom to ask could they identify the right line but the advisor wasn't too helpful and basically kept trying to sell me Eircom, said that I was snookered and nobody else can take over an inactive line which I know not to be true. Think I need an ARD key or number? Anyone any ideas?
    Hi ItsNugget

I can confirm that we are unable to provide you with an ARD key through here. However this does not prohibit you from picking the provider of your own choosing. Your provider should be able to locate this from the address you provide. Having the previous number may be helpful (if recently disconnected and the line has a soft dial tone you may be able to call 199000 which will give you the previous Phone number).

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

Hi ItsNugget

I can confirm that we are unable to provide you with an ARD key through here. However this does not prohibit you from picking the provider of your own choosing. Your provider should be able to locate this from the address you provide. Having the previous number may be helpful (if recently disconnected and the line has a soft dial tone you may be able to call 199000 which will give you the previous Phone number).

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks for the reply Colm, unfortunately there is more than one line showing with my address and I can't get the other provider to activate a line until they know which one is the right line. I do have the previous phone number which I gave when I called Eircom to try and find which line was the right one. The Eircom advisor said he could see which line was the right one from the phone number I gave him but said that only way to get it re-activated would be to sign up to Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi ItsNugget

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks for the reply Colm, unfortunately there is more than one line showing with my address and I can't get the other provider to activate a line until they know which one is the right line. I do have the previous phone number which I gave when I called Eircom to try and find which line was the right one. The Eircom advisor said he could see which line was the right one from the phone number I gave him but said that only way to get it re-activated would be to sign up to Eircom.
    HI ItsNugget

Most providers can re-activate a line although under an existing wholesale agreement with eircom where upon they take your order and arrange eircom technicians to arrange activation however there are some provider who do not have this agreement and unfortunately eircom cannot assist with connecting with another provider unless it's at a wholsale level between that provider and eircom.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

As I was saying there is more than one line showing with my address so they can't identify which is the right one. I know the phone number so the eircom advisor I spoke to could see which line was the correct one but informed me that it can only be activated by eircom so therefore would not help me identify the right one for the other provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

As I was saying there is more than one line showing with my address so they can't identify which is the right one. I know the phone number so the eircom advisor I spoke to could see which line was the correct one but informed me that it can only be activated by eircom so therefore would not help me identify the right one for the other provider.
    If we activate the line you will be billed by Eircom for the service. 

If you have the previous telephone number the service provider can locate the line in question and activate this for you. 
    We don't supply ARD keys I'm afraid.

Al 

• Advertisement
Advertisement