Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Valuation

Options
  • 13-10-2014 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hoping for some input/advice.

My father owns 2 Georgian properties inDublin, which are currently split into. apartments and studios. We are currently updating the units - wiring, plumbing, carpets, furniture, fire proofing, fire system etc.

We applied for a loan/mortgage from the bank and received an offer letter.

Obviously, a valuation is required.

Bank has obtained a quote of €2,000 + VAT for the valuation. This sounds crazy. I was expecting something in the region of €500 max.

Anyone any ideas why the quote is so high?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Perhaps they are viewing each apartment and studio as a separate dwelling so they are pricing them individually?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

How many apartments/studios are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

18 units in total but the valuation is for the 2 buildings. They are not going to be sold separately, only rented

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

garhjw wrote: »
    18 units in total but the valuation is for the 2 buildings. They are not going to be sold separately, only rented

Sound like they are valuing them separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Yes it sounds like it but makes no sense to me to do that. I am going to push back on this charge.

Thanks for your input

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fkall

Professional/Commercial valuations are a lot more detailed than one produced for your typical residential mortgage. €2k does not seem unreasonable.

Advertisement