Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order Update

Options
  • 13-10-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I originally ordered efibre on 25th August. After weeks of calling everyday to customer services, and then escalations, I eventally got an install date of 6th October. On 5th Oct at 5.10pm, I received a call from Eircom to say an engineer had looked at the junction box and there was a problem that would take 4-6 days to fix. So the install got cancelled.

So I am still waiting for an install date? Any sign of this happening or of any update?

It seems to be very difficult to become an EIRCOM customer......;-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

ainecaine wrote: »
    I originally ordered efibre on 25th August. After weeks of calling everyday to customer services, and then escalations, I eventally got an install date of 6th October. On 5th Oct at 5.10pm, I received a call from Eircom to say an engineer had looked at the junction box and there was a problem that would take 4-6 days to fix. So the install got cancelled.

So I am still waiting for an install date? Any sign of this happening or of any update?

It seems to be very difficult to become an EIRCOM customer......;-)
    Hi ainecaine

Sorry to hear you are still waiting for the service to be set up. Can you send me a PM with the Order no. and I will look follow this up for you,

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ianomcd

Oh God, I've been reading the threads about Eircom order problems, and now feel that my own experience is actually the standard way that things now happen with eircom. I placed an order online for efibre on 3rd October, picking the date of 10th October for install.  After 4 phone calls to eircom, over 4 hours on the phone, and speaking to countless people, I was told that eircom's gateway system had messed up my order, and I'd have to start all over again. But in order to start I'd have to cancel my original order, which would take 24 hours. I rang back today to be told it will be another 72 hours. Why oh why would I even bother re-ordering when eircom clearly don't value my business enough to make amends for their mistakes. Nobody I spoke to has the power to escalate my complaints and to rectify the situation in a speedy manner. I have done all of the work and if I hadn't called I'd still be waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Ianomcd wrote: »
    Oh God, I've been reading the threads about Eircom order problems, and now feel that my own experience is actually the standard way that things now happen with eircom. I placed an order online for efibre on 3rd October, picking the date of 10th October for install.  After 4 phone calls to eircom, over 4 hours on the phone, and speaking to countless people, I was told that eircom's gateway system had messed up my order, and I'd have to start all over again. But in order to start I'd have to cancel my original order, which would take 24 hours. I rang back today to be told it will be another 72 hours. Why oh why would I even bother re-ordering when eircom clearly don't value my business enough to make amends for their mistakes. Nobody I spoke to has the power to escalate my complaints and to rectify the situation in a speedy manner. I have done all of the work and if I hadn't called I'd still be waiting
    Hi Ianomcd

I am sorry to hear this. In relation to online orders the date of the 10th which you had choosen is a preferred date for install and not a confirmed date. However other posters have also been confused by this in the past and this is something that we have brought to the attention of efibre operations. In many cases the date selected may not be available as Technicians may be already booked for the particular date selected.

Before placing the order again, can you send me a quick PM with the Order no. or Account no. if you have received one or if not the exact address and the name on the account and I will look into this.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement