Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Bin Stolen

Options
  • 13-10-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just wondering has anyone else had their black bin stolen in the Dublin 15 area recently? Went outside to put rubbish in the black bin yesterday it was 3/4 quarters and realised it had been stolen. Last used it on the Friday so reckon stolen sometime saturday. Hard to believe someone would steal a black bin 3/4 full :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Maybe check with your neighbours. Might be in their garden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

any teenagers in your areas that would take it to burn it ?? happens fairley often, young ones messing and robbing wheely bins to burn out in nearby green/park

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Coolmine17

Apologies clicked on something and it removed last thread my mistake sorry. I have checked all the gardens and did think probably was teenagers for a bonfire but surprised it would be taken with all the rubbish in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Imagine some teens have taken it to burn. Tends to happen a lot getting close to Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

You will probably be charged for a new one, I know I was.

• Advertisement

Coolmine17 wrote: »
    Apologies clicked on something and it removed last thread my mistake sorry. I have checked all the gardens and did think probably was teenagers for a bonfire but surprised it would be taken with all the rubbish in it

I would have thought the same as that but someone said to me the more stuff in it the better as more stuff to burn

I rang up Panda and ordered a new one at a price of 40 euro the girl spoke to the supervisor and managed to knock it down to 20 euro. This time I will be locking my bin out the back until bin day not taking any chances :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Did you report it to the Gardai?

I know they likely can't do anything in this case, but there may be other cases in the area. If the culprits get caught, the Gardai would like to know how many times they've done it. That way they can get two slaps on the wrist in court instead of one.

I was actually down in the Garda Station on Sunday getting a form signed and happened to mention it to Garda. He had about as much interest and told me it's because of Halloween etc. I really think some of the guards in Blanchardstown station need a course in customer relations !

was just going to say to you be careful between now and Halloween coz im sure they will be trying to get as many bins as possible (and other stuff) between now and then

• Advertisement
Advertisement