Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 14th Vs Real Punters 9pm COLM

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

@ Ed we havent played a game with Al in Wesley so he is on about Benildus

@keith, that's Cal, not Al :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mousewar wrote: »
    @keith, that's Cal, not Al :D

ill get the usernames eventually!
    Anyway my point is correct and thats all that matters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Benildus is the best page in Dublin, any football player should be wetting themselves at the thought of the game being played up there.

Yea its fast and big, go for a run a few nights a week and cut down on the burgers and you'll be grand :)

If we lost it aint the pitch its the fact we played ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Well, we can't go 4-4-2 if we are up against a team with 5 in the middle, so which is it to be - and we don't really know how teams are going to set up until the match starts - at which time we then have players shouting to the manager to change things after 5 minutes (which is a nonsense).

the bulk of teams last season played one up front against us and hit us on the break. when they have 5 accross the middle, 4-4-2 at least combats that a bit better than a block of 2 sitting and then 3 attacking.

We shouldn't be targeting clean sheets as an indication of how well our defence/keeper is doing in a game in my opinion. Individual "Best Keeper" or "Best Defence" awards are well and good, but we aren't that type of team.

agreed, but theres a balance between being negative and being wreckless and towards the end of last season, we were wreckless. if we find that balance like we had when we won the league, we will be in with a great shout this year.

for every 5-1 win we will have this year, there will be 2 or 3 games we need to dig out a result against a team who will sit back and counter. look at this time last year when we won the league, we had several games where we won 1-0 or 2-1, especially in the bigger games. we conceded f*ck all goals, but still knocked in 40+. i think we conceded something like 3 goals all season from open play (the rest were pens, corners, free kicks and ogs). during the summer we were conceding 2 or 3 a game from open play.

i think we conceded close to 40 during the summer in total, a 3 fold increase and finished 4th. if i could sum up our season in one sentance last year, it would be that we lost our ability to win close games and dig out big results. we also conceded too many late goals and seemed to fade alot in the last 10 minutes of games - that cost us anything up to 10 points.

anyway, lets not detract from a very good start and onwards and upwards from here.

Ciaran is a super addition at CH and its a position we have struggled in with Derek injured and Paddy gone so thats a huge plus for us and weve also added 3 more really good players also.

Advertisement