Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 4th March 2015 3 Arena Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Anyone think we might get the chance to hear Morning glory or Hello?

No. Both "Liam" songs defined by his voice.

Beady Eye actually did Morning Glory on their last tour.

Hello also has a Gary Glitter sample in it. Never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Saganist wrote: »
    Just looking at the website, my original post may be false. The gig is still ongoing, so I may have posted inaccurate info. :o
    It's not your fault it's whoever uploaded that first template massive amount of edits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

I'd love to hear Champagne Supernova tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wicky9

Anyone have any idea what beer they serve at the 3 arena - I'm presuming its normal Carlseberg or Heineken swill - but I'm holding out the tiniest bit of hope that theyve cottoned on to the craft beer revolution and might have a few tasty bottles - probably charge a small mortgage for one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

DylanAFC wrote: »
    I'd love to hear Champagne Supernova tomorrow night!

I will cry if he doesn't! Cannot believe he played it tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Setlist;

Stranded On the Wrong Beach
    Everbody's On the Run
    Fade Away
    In the Heat Of The Moment
    Lock All the Doors
    Riverman
    The Death Of You And Me
    You Know We Can't Go Back
    Champagne Supernova (Acoustic)
    Dream On
    The Dying Of The Light
    The Mexican
    Shout It Out Loud
    Digsy's Dinner
    If I Had A Gun
    The Ballad Of The Mighty I
    Encore
    Alone On The Rope
    Don't Look Back In Anger (Acoustic)
    AKA... What A Life!
    The Masterplan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

^ you should probably spoiler tag that, I'm not one but some people don't want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

What time did he finish up at? Just want to know for grabbing a bus home 2mrw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

started around 9 it seems , should be over early enough

wicky9 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what beer they serve at the 3 arena - I'm presuming its normal Carlseberg or Heineken swill - but I'm holding out the tiniest bit of hope that theyve cottoned on to the craft beer revolution and might have a few tasty bottles - probably charge a small mortgage for one though

Pure Slop, The cider for example is the high quality Scrumpy Jack which is €6 a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pure Slop, The cider for example is the high quality Scrumpy Jack which is €6 a pint.

Think its Carlsberg for €6.50 a pint (watered down)

Think its Carlsberg for €6.50 a pint (watered down)

Nearly as well off with the Scrumpy Jack then that's poured straight from the can :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Digsys dinner what a classic! Going to be some gig

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

Serious setlist - cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Probably won't drink at this, the beer is garbage and overpriced, if I was a smart man I'd have a smoke before hand but not on a work night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Does anyone know

(a) if anyone is supporting Noel Gallagher before he begins his set?

(b) roughly what time the show should be starting? The tickets say doors at 6:30pm, but I'm in work until 6:00pm and would like to drop my things home and grab a bite to eat beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭bren2001

Does anyone know

(b) roughly what time the show should be starting? The tickets say doors at 6:30pm, but I'm in work until 6:00pm and would like to drop my things home and grab a bite to eat beforehand.

Black rivers around 7 30 I imagine.

Noel will be on any time after 8 45 (usually)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Does anyone know

Saw this listed on the 3Arena facebook page, as having been posted 20 hours ago:

https://www.facebook.com/3ArenaDublin

Doors - 6.30pm
    • Black Rivers - 7.45pm
    • Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds - 8.45pm

but this is listed on the 3Arena site:

http://3arena.ie/index.php/artist/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/786

On Stage tonight:
    • Black Rivers-- 7.55pm
    • NGHFB --- 9.00pm

I would go by the facebook listing to be certain of not missing anything, of 7.45pm and 8.45pm. Support acts in the 3Arena would usually start early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Disappointed the Right Stuff isn't on that set list, its the most unique song on the album for me, so unlike anything he normally does, like Alone on a Rope was, so good that's included.

The Mexican should have the place rocking

The start of Riverman sounds very like Wonderwall, might get some excited for the wrong reasons for a few seconds...

Bone head is in Dublin!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Anybody know the cheapest place to park between oconnel street and 3arena, heading straight in after work, parking up and heading for food. Decent place for food wouldnt go a miss either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

mooeire wrote: »
    Anybody know the cheapest place to park between oconnel street and 3arena, heading straight in after work, parking up and heading for food. Decent place for food wouldnt go a miss either :)

Harbourmaster in IFSC!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

but1er wrote: »
    Bone head is in Dublin!!

He's djing in the grand social with Paul Gallagher after the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭whatever_

That wasn't a great gig, as far as I am concerned. I like the new stuff and bought the new album as soon as it came out. However, it's not good enough to get me out of the house on a midweek evening, and I think his tickets will sell more slowly next time.

I'll save my money for the reunion with his "right hand man", Bonehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

whatever_ wrote: »
    That wasn't a great gig, as far as I am concerned. I like the new stuff and bought the new album as soon as it came out. However, it's not good enough to get me out of the house on a midweek evening, and I think his tickets will sell more slowly next time.

well i thought i was an amazing gig .. maybe a few too many new songs , but he had the crowd eating out of his hand .. super performance

Wow what a amazing gig from start to finish!

But what was the point in the choir??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Cracking gig, even if I thought there were quite a few younger lads who looked quite out of it.

He really got through the songs really quickly.

Heres a snip of Supernova if anyone is interested.

some older lads out of it 2

• Advertisement

whatever_ wrote: »

Tickets sold slowly for this too with the ads all over the gaff a day and a few on the radio before this, close to a sell out in the end I reckon but ya I'm inclined to agree nothing special really.

Enjoyed a lot of the new stuff Lock all the doors,The Ballad of the mighty I especially. Singalongs were a good laugh especially Champagne Supernova but well toned down in parts as some of the crowd were lost awaiting more Oasis stuff it seemed.

Overall given the ticket cost too I for one won't be rushing to the next Noel G & HFB's gig.

Advertisement