Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cracked iPhone 6 plus screen

• 13-10-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

any advice on getting it replaced apple is a rip off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Already...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭baldshin

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare-plus-for-iphone

I'll just leave that there and say no more, will cost you €169, a small price to pay for getting it fixed now and having 2 years of cover if it happens again. Not strictly a great thing to retrospectively purchase this, but I'm sure it's more of a morality issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

I personally would of had it insured but it's a worn phone and I didn't have a say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Aronaay wrote: »
    I personally would of had it insured but it's a worn phone and I didn't have a say

I assume you mean work phone, can't you get work to pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

£106 in the Uk direct through Apple so about 125euro?

Thats cheap compared to before!

• Advertisement

No work won't pay for it they paid for the phone. It's just hard to pay 125 to have it fixed when you can buy the screen for €10 from China including shipping

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

No work won't pay for it they paid for the phone. It's just hard to pay 125 to have it fixed when you can buy the screen for €10 from China including shipping

Given that you didn't have to buy the phone that's small
    Change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Would buying cheap knockoff parts not affect the Touch ID? It's all one piece right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

...... when you can buy the screen for €10 from China including shipping
    You ain't getting apple original for a tenner, not a chance. Pay the €125, after all you did get it for nothing, and then case it.

My first thought was that of Deep Thought also;)

dodzy wrote: »
    You ain't getting apple original for a tenner, not a chance. Pay the €125, after all you did get it for nothing, and then case it.

My first thought was that of Deep Thought also;)

From China chances are it's coming from the same factory just without the serial numbers.

I couldn't believe when it happened I've dropped my other iPhones from greater heights into worse surfaces and not a scratch. This falls 1ft gently and a crack from one corner to the other.

I think I'll go the apple route just have to get paid first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

I couldn't believe when it happened I've dropped my other iPhones from greater heights into worse surfaces and not a scratch. This falls 1ft gently and a crack from one corner to the other.

Could I suggest you stop dropping phones?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 alex69

Congratulations :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Enough said.

Advertisement