Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portfolio catagories

Options
  • 13-10-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I've tried to find something on this but some answers are a bit to vague. When coding a portfolio does anyone know how to get the filtering effect eg... i click on web and only the projects with a category of web pops up.

Guessing i have to use some javascript to code this or jquery to do the animations.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Hi Everyone,

I've tried to find something on this but some answers are a bit to vague. When coding a portfolio does anyone know how to get the filtering effect eg... i click on web and only the projects with a category of web pops up.

Guessing i have to use some javascript to code this or jquery to do the animations.

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes the questions are a bit too vague too...

What tech are we talking about here? A specific framework?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

TrueDub wrote: »
    Sometimes the questions are a bit too vague too...

What tech are we talking about here? A specific framework?

Sorry about that.

Basically building a portfolio site. The client designs sites, graphics, provides video services and such. I'm looking to have a filter on the portfolio so their users can view just website design or just graphic design.

I've seen it done on a few portfolio sites. This is going to be a wordpress powered site so if that is also an effect on how jquery is written i know the $ tends to cause problems!.

Hope thats a bit clearer in terms of what I need to do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

There's loads of WP plugins for this already.

Google: wordpress portfolio plugin filtering

No point reinventing the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Thank you :)

Advertisement