Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Child Buskers in Galway City

Options
  • 13-10-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I had my two boys in the queue for Amococo yesterday at the Spanish Arch.
    While we were waiting to get in there was a little boy that came to setup himself to start playing his guitar and singing. He was between 8 and 10 years old!
    A good few people were clapping for him and giving him money, I couldn't believe my eyes!!
    I had also seen a little girl of about 4-6 years of age during the summer with a small violin playing music while sitting on a box outside Boots on shop street!!?
    What is going on??
    I wanted to pack that little fella up and take him home with me yesterday, what are the parents thinking??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

I don't understand what's your issue with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ecoangel

Its child labour, its against the law. The poor kid looked terrified!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

So you called the Gardai I presume? To report child labour and exploitation of a minor?

Didnt think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Neyite wrote: »
    So you called the Gardai I presume? To report child labour and exploitation of a minor?

Didnt think so.

She doesn't need to. She told the Internet. That's it sorted.

Get a grip of yourself it's not child labour. You seem to have no idea what that actually means. If the child looked terrified what did you do to help?

• Advertisement

Get a grip of yourself it's not child labour. You seem to have no idea what that actually means. If the child looked terrified what did you do to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Are you sure he looked terrified and you weren't projecting your feelings onto him? I've seen child buskers before and they are usually loving it, they go out sing/play get lots of positive attention and earn some pocket money. Normally you see their Dad/uncle/adult big brother sitting a few feet away to make sure they don't get hurt/robbed. Tbh, 9 times out of 10 the ones I've seen aren't massively talented but if they are safe and having fun there's no issue.

Advertisement