Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a post wedding pub in Ballina

Options
  • 13-10-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm looking for recommendations for a Sunday night post wedding session in Ballina. Would be looking for somewhere that can cater for a group food wise and also has a good atmosphere, maybe some live music. Not from the area so any local information would be great. Saw Jordans, the broken jug and crocketts mentioned on TripAdvisor but not sure what they would be like on a Sunday. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Jordans is closed, Crocketts would be a good spot alright - big pub, good food, music it'll be quiet enough on Sunday but so will everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Ya Jordan's is gone, I like The Jug. We had dinner the night after our wedding there. Crockets also good. You won't go wrong with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Bar Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Thanks guys, will there be live music on a Sunday in any of the bars mentioned do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Most of these places have pages on facebook where there should be listings etc.

• Advertisement

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Thanks guys, will there be live music on a Sunday in any of the bars mentioned do you think?

Crocketts have music at the weekend, not sure about Sunday though - the Jug would be the same. Just give them a ring - you'd want to ring them anyway to organise stuff.

Great thanks. I think a few scoops in each in the name of research will be on the cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

annoyedgal wrote: »

Bar Square nearly always has live bands on a Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Dillons Ballina http://www.dillonsbarandrestaurant.ie/ Have been there many times. Lovely food, very nice friendly staff in a cosy bar and plenty of room for a large group. The manager is very nice and id say he would provide music if a large group was coming in.

Samhain wrote: »
    Dillons Ballina http://www.dillonsbarandrestaurant.ie/ Have been there many times. Lovely food, very nice friendly staff in a cosy bar and plenty of room for a large group. The manager is very nice and id say he would provide music if a large group was coming in.

Lovely grub and the manager is very decent alright.

• Advertisement

I like the idea of a cosy bar, definitely a fan of more traditional pubs as opposed to more modern ones. I'll check out dillions, sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

If you can, go for a drink some Sunday evening in each of them and see which one you like. Dillons is good too, food is fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

http://auldshebeen.net/gallery.html

the Auld Shebeen across the bridge... old style pub with boxty to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Shame that Jordans is closed, always was a good spot with great food, I have been to Dillions a few times and it is a very nice friendly place.

Advertisement