Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw October 13th 2014

• 13-10-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

We’re two weeks away from WWE Hell in a Cell, and the temperature on Raw is about to hit a boiling point as WWE’s flagship show emanates from “Hotlanta.” From the intensifying rivalry between John Cena and Dean Ambrose to the anticipated bout between Big Show and Rusev, this Raw is already shaping up to be must-see. What else is in store?

1. Cena and Ambrose descend into “Hell” Ambrose doesn’t think he’s going to beat John Cena at WWE Hell in a Cell, he knows it. However, despite The Lunatic Fringe’s confident words Friday night during SmackDown’s 15th Anniversary, the unstable Superstar ultimately ate a surprise Attitude Adjustment — a bit of retaliation after Ambrose left Cena laid out at the conclusion of last week’s Raw. The Cenation leader’s faced some tough competition as of late, ranging from the demented Bray Wyatt to the force of nature known as Brock Lesnar, but he’s never dealt with a foe quite as combustible — or as reckless — as Ambrose. Both competitors will collide in a No Holds Barred Match in two weeks for the opportunity to face their shared nemesis, Seth Rollins, inside the notorious structure. With emotions running high, will Cena and Ambrose continue their game of one-upsmanship on Raw?

2. Sass acts Not only is “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes coming to this week’s Raw, but we’ll also witness a special appearance by Todd Chrisley from USA Network’s “Chrisley Knows Best.” With two of Atlanta’s biggest reality stars running amok on Monday night, The Authority is sure to have its hands full. Will NeNe show off some of the skills she displayed on “Dancing with the Stars”? Will the “Patriarch of Perfection” offer some parental advice to Adam Rose’s legions of Rosebuds? We’ll just have to wait and see.

3. Rocked, but not rolled Last week, Big Show was rendered inactive and assigned to “sensitivity” training by The Authority, effectively canceling his scheduled match against Rusev and subjecting the WWE Universe to yet another tiring tirade by Lana and her muscled Super Athlete. However, before the Russian malcontents could finish running down the United States on Raw, The Rock made a surprise return and laid a star-spangled smackdown on The Hero of the Russian Federation. For most Superstars, getting verbally and physically embarrassed by The People’s Champ would be difficult to recover from, but Rusev proved he’s as dangerous as ever with a decisive non-title victory over Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler on SmackDown. Now that Rusev has laid down the challenge for a one-on-one collision on Raw, Big Show — as powerful as he is — might be wishing he had a Brahma Bull in his corner.

4. Who needs friends, anyway? AJ Lee doesn’t exactly play well with others. Last week on Raw, the Divas Champion walked out on her partner Emma during a tag team match against new best friends Paige and Alicia Fox, leaving the quirky dancer vulnerable to a two-on-one assault. Then, on SmackDown, AJ not only made Alicia tap out to the Black Widow, but handily repelled a post-match assault by The Diva of Tomorrow and her new gal pal. Even though AJ’s lone wolf attitude initially seemed to leave her at a disadvantage, she’s more than capable of handling herself against Paige and Alicia. Expect a response to what went down on SmackDown as Paige continues to covet the Divas Title.

5. Creep show For two weeks, Bray Wyatt has been mystifying the WWE Universe with labyrinthine video messages alluding to changes among The Wyatt Family’s ranks. First, The Eater of Worlds claimed to have “set free” Luke Harper, then Wyatt ranted that he had “fixed” Erick Rowan. Whatever it all means, we should be very, very afraid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After Rock and Rusev last week, Big Show and Rusev is going to be the buzzkill to end all buzzkills this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    After Rock and Rusev last week, Big Show and Rusev is going to be the buzzkill to end all buzzkills this week.

Oh god the horror of Big Show, if WWE have any sense they'll put him on ''insensitivity training'' or whatever it was called indefinitely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Apparently Jake Roberts and Ric Flair will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    2. Sass acts Not only is “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes coming to this week’s Raw, but we’ll also witness a special appearance by Todd Chrisley from USA Network’s “Chrisley Knows Best.” With two of Atlanta’s biggest reality stars running amok on Monday night, The Authority is sure to have its hands full. Will NeNe show off some of the skills she displayed on “Dancing with the Stars”? Will the “Patriarch of Perfection” offer some parental advice to Adam Rose’s legions of Rosebuds? We’ll just have to wait and see.

I predict this reaction tonight

812%20-%20john_cena%20macro%20wtf_am_i_looking_at%20wwe.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No Brock again

Is Bray Wyatt getting new members to his clan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Brock again

Is Bray Wyatt getting new members to his clan?

Rumour is
    The Ascension

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Googled Todd Chrisley. That man is so camp he makes Graham Norton look like the Terminator. This could be worse than last week, when those two alcoholic women gave Cancer its first face turn. Seriously, what's the point of guest stars? Do people tune in to see them, really??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

10511166_790459937659729_7902455247573744094_n.jpg?oh=1ccd0e18294029a5b6d35cb5f1b88c18&oe=54B1110A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Deadlie wrote: »
    Googled Todd Chrisley. That man is so camp he makes Graham Norton look like the Terminator. This could be worse than last week, when those two alcoholic women gave Cancer its first face turn. Seriously, what's the point of guest stars? Do people tune in to see them, really??

They did good ratings a few years ago when they started it, yep the tv was awful for the most part but at the time I could see how Vince justified it. Some to be fair were quite good, Wolverine, Floyd, Bob Barker, Shatner etc....

However yeah, unless the names are well known then I don't really see the point. The 2 girls last week wouldn't have drawn one extra eyeball.

Its football season, Raw is always a bit ropey this time of the year anyways.

*SPOILER KLAXON* So look away now if you're not interested
    Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena will be moved to next week's Raw. That will be announced on tonight's episode of Raw. So that match will not be taking place at Hell in a Cell. The loser of Ambrose vs. Cena next week on Raw will face Randy Orton who will make a challenge to the loser of Ambrose vs. Cena. Both of those matches Winner vs. Rollins ; Loser vs. Orton will be inside the Hell in a Cell.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    *SPOILER KLAXON* So look away now if you're not interested
    Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena will be moved to next week's Raw. That will be announced on tonight's episode of Raw. So that match will not be taking place at Hell in a Cell. The loser of Ambrose vs. Cena next week on Raw will face Randy Orton who will make a challenge to the loser of Ambrose vs. Cena. Both of those matches Winner vs. Rollins ; Loser vs. Orton will be inside the Hell in a Cell.

Dafuq?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

odd to have this match kicking off Raw...

Just delighted and relieved they kept Cena and Ambrose away from Kane and Orton for one week, when they said it was a tag match, I feared the worst.:(

Angle obviously.

Refuse to believe that neither of two lads will wrestle Kane tonight.

JBL just says random crap.

"Woah, welcome to Hotlanta!"

Is AJ supposed to be a heel now or what?

Is AJ supposed to be a heel now or what?

I don't think anyone cares anymore. Feud feels like it's been going on for about 2 years with the same thing happening every week.

wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being a Fatal 4-way Hell In A Cell match...

Laptop acting the bollox but this has been a very entertaining show.

Lana looks different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Will say this, Cena vs Orton in Hell in a Cell will be as bad as the Kennel from Hell match.

I hope this has a long forklift sequence:
    wyspZbL.gif

tune in next week for Cena & Ambrose vs Orton and Rollins in epic tag team action

715fb128a065cfbe8b5cb2adc80dd5c9.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    715fb128a065cfbe8b5cb2adc80dd5c9.jpg

I can deal with it.

We're getting Ambrose v Rollins.

Maybe they'll make Cena v Orton a No.1 contenders match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

At least they had some decent length matches that a 3 hour show deserves, and not all filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Are they trying to turn Rusev face or something?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can imagine the conversation about how to make two new superstars.

"Hey, let's do Cena vs Ambrose, with the winner getting Rollins! And obviously Ambrose wins, gets a massive rub from beating Cena and we get the pay off to that feud we've been running for months! And we have two young up-and-comers headlining a PPV, making them new stars."

"YEAH!

"But we can't let Cena lose clean to Ambrose, cause he's not really on the same level. So let's do a gimmick match that Ambrose can win without actually beating Cena."

"Yeah."

"Oh hang on. We can't have Ambrose get a win against Cena on a PPV. Not after he's lost so often. Let's do it on Raw instead."

"Yeah."

"And we can't really have Ambrose...you know....actually beat Cena on his own. Let's throw Orton, Kane and Rollins down so that Ambrose wins, but it's clear it was only because Cena kind of screwed up."

"yeah...."

"And while we're at it, get Randy and the commentators to start referring constantly to his match with Cena as THE main event."

(and still to come....)

"And hang on. Cena and Orton as a straight up match has been done before. Let's put them in the Cell too. And we can open with Ambrose and Rollins and close with Cena vs Orton".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

SlickRic wrote: »
    Are they trying to turn Rusev face or something?

Yeah, was a bit weird having two of the biggest wrestlers ganging up on one dude, heel or not.

I want to like JBL, but his commentary during that segment was nails-on-a-chalkboard levels of annoying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brendão wrote: »
    Yeah, was a bit weird having two of the biggest wrestlers ganging up on one dude, heel or not.

I want to like JBL, but his commentary during that segment was nails-on-a-chalkboard levels of annoying.

I actually think they're building to a Show-Henry match.... shudder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Big Show is due a heel turn any day now so I was expecting it when Henry caused the DQ. Rusev kinda gets left out though if that happens.
    Brendão wrote: »

JBL has been dreadful for a while now.

Big Show essentially attacked Rusev from behind and JBL yells about that's how it's done in America?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cena applauding Ambrose at the end was just ridiculous.

He really is an horrendously written character. why should I give a shít if he continuously doesn't?

Honestly I don't care how the match was booked. I'm just glad i'm getting to see the match I want to see and the match that makes logical sense. Ambrose will continue to rise, with or without Cena's "endorsement".

All we'll remember down the line is Ambrose and Rollins having a great match and beating the crap out of each other. No one will remember how we got there.

Rusev/Henry/Big Show interactions are weird to say the least.

Big Show gave it his best effort during the match to be fair.

Sandow is just amazing. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Seems like there was a lot of wrestling on last nights show, what was good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SligoQueries

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "And hang on. Cena and Orton as a straight up match has been done before. Let's put them in the Cell too.
    Deja vu...

youtube.com/watch?v=9EwZeWFeHg8

You know you suck at your job as a WWE writer if you have to keep rehashing the Cena/Orton rivalry, even though it's been done & beaten to death several times over.

Seems like there was a lot of wrestling on last nights show, what was good?

Ziggler v Orton was great. Recommended.

Rollins v Swagger solid.

Opening tag match was good.

Rusev vs Big Show was fine for what it was.

Main event was rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I see it being Cena-Rollins and Orton- Ambrose.

Ambrose will go over Orton.

Ambrose will interfere in main event. Match ends in clusterfick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

VKM likes when opponents are a tag team.

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    Teddy Long likes when opponents are a tag team.

:pac:

Ageyev wrote: »
    VKM likes when opponents are a tag team.

I know yea, just the placement at the beginning of the show was odd for Raw

Advertisement