Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VTOS Meal & Travel Allowance Query

Options
  • 13-10-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Anyone know how the meal/travel allowance is worked out by vtos? I've received a 40c p/w meal allowance since my VTOS has come through two weeks back. College don't know much about it at all.

What meal do they expect me to buy for 40c a week? crazy! I don't seem to be receiving travel allowance at all either, even though bus costs me €15 a week.

Wasn't expecting much of an allowance, but even a fiver would make a huge difference to me!

Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

The meal allowance is low. Not sure what the current rate is but the last rate I saw was €3.80 per week and that was a few years ago. As far as I know the rate is set by the Dept of ed not the college.

The travel allowance is usually determined by the distance you live from the centre you are attending. If you think your payment is wrong then you need to talk to the person in the local ETB (VEC) head-office that deals with VTOS payment administration.

If you are using a subsidised bus service provided by the centre then you may not be getting the travel allowance.

Advertisement