Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Purchase Loan from council

Options
  • 13-10-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has got a House Purchase Loan from council? I've read the rules and it says "Applicants must prove that they have sought a mortgage from two lenders and have been refused funding."

I am wondering what would count as a refusal? If was offered 70K mortgage from the bank instead of 120K I was looking for, that would count as a refusal, right?

I personally don't know anyone who got a loan from the council, so any information is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I believe you have to be refused from 2 different banks ie totally denied a mortgage .
    Have you tried speaking with the council directly first

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

being offered less than you want is not considered a refusal so based on your opening post your inelligible for such a loan.

im also pretty sure that there are very few if any councils still running this scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

D3PO wrote: »
    im also pretty sure that there are very few if any councils still running this scheme.

Colleague got one from Fingal last year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Advertisement