Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck

Options
  • 13-10-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I work in a large financial institution, working my way up, poor wages. I am highly qualified but am so unmotivated I cannot afford to survive on my wages I am not challenged at work and am bored. In one sense I would love to stay on, my colleagues are great and I am getting great experience but in another I need a change and better pay. I can't decide whether to stick it out, get the experience or start looking around? I appreciate any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Ehh, definitely start looking around. You can apply for other jobs while still with your current employer, if something better comes along then go for it and if it doesn't maybe stick it out for a bit longer.

There is absolutely nothing to lose by exploring what other jobs are out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Ehh, definitely start looking around. You can apply for other jobs while still with your current employer, if something better comes along then go for it and if it doesn't maybe stick it out for a bit longer.

There is absolutely nothing to lose by exploring what other jobs are out there.

Thanks, I'm just stuck in limbo at the moment. Can't survive financially at the moment

Advertisement