Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Camera Van near Chawkes

• 13-10-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I have seen a speed camera van at Castle Cabin just above Chawkes over last few weeks.There does not appear to be any signs on either side to say this is a camera designated area. Is this possible or is it just doing survey for a poosible new speed detection area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That whole stretch of the Dublin Road is highlighted on the Garda Gosafe website as a zone:

http://www.garda.ie/gosafe.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I saw one on the Dock rd on Friday just after the place the post office is. during the torrential downpour and the traffic was bumper to bumper...expect tickets for going too slow lmao :D no money made for them that day. and I'm delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

ryange wrote: »
    Is this possible or is it just doing survey for a poosible new speed detection area.

Doubt it,first came to my attention in that location near Chawkes a few months ago

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

ryange wrote: »
    I have seen a speed camera van at Castle Cabin just above Chawkes over last few weeks.There does not appear to be any signs on either side to say this is a camera designated area. Is this possible or is it just doing survey for a poosible new speed detection area.

If it was an unmarked go safe van, then it was a survey van. They check an area to see if there's much speeding before placing the normals van there. It could also have been a Garda van though, which don't have to be marked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's a normal fully marked van. I've seen it more than once and the traffic corps set themselves up there as well on Saturday evening.

I disagree with the location without speed camera signs. The point of be signs is that people mantain a lower speed and with a van they just, not just those speeding, slow down below the limit and speed back up afterwards not making the roads any safer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement