Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's up with Dell Ireland?

Options
  • 13-10-2014 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Was looking to buy a server worth 10K from Dell but they didn't seemed intersted. When I rang they took my details and promised a call back. That didn't come. Two emails to their sales email address - uki_consumer_sales@dell.com - bounced. Sent two emails to their customer care email address - uki_customer_care@dell.com - but got no reply. On top of this the web site is timing out and serving up 404s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

Give them a chance, I always found Dell to be a pleasant company to deal with. Would it be any harm to give them a ring yourself? If their website is giving trouble, their email system could be down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

thehouses wrote: »
    Give them a chance, I always found Dell to be a pleasant company to deal with. Would it be any harm to give them a ring yourself? If their website is giving trouble, their email system could be down.

My friend recently tried to purchase a fully loaded VRTX. He pretty much gave up after a month. He ended up talking to a Indian who when presented with the exact model and specifications for the order, he was still incapable of putting it through. Instead he read through the script recommending downgrades along the way. Worst part is he used to work for Dell and couldn't understand how it had gotten this bad.

I think their sales team in Ireland at this point only exist to serve the easy big business customer accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

My friend recently tried to purchase a fully loaded VRTX. He pretty much gave up after a month. He ended up talking to a Indian who when presented with the exact model and specifications for the order, he was still incapable of putting it through. Instead he read through the script recommending downgrades along the way. Worst part is he used to work for Dell and couldn't understand how it had gotten this bad.

I think their sales team in Ireland at this point only exist to serve the easy big business customer accounts.

Not that I want to come to the defence of the Dell sales teams (they're not all bad but certainly a lot of them deserve all the criticism levelled at them here) but errr.....did it occur to your friend to just buy it online?

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=pevrtx&model_id=poweredge-vrtx&c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdt1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

wexie wrote: »
    Not that I want to come to the defence of the Dell sales teams (they're not all bad but certainly a lot of them deserve all the criticism levelled at them here) but errr.....did it occur to your friend to just buy it online?

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=pevrtx&model_id=poweredge-vrtx&c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdt1

You don't pay list price on 40k worth of hardware.

Advertisement