Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

direct debit being taking not going off my account.

Options
  • 13-10-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Good evening eircom.
    I'm a efibre customer I rang customer care today as my broadband wasn't working. I've being met with the rudest of customer service reps ever. Firstly let me say I have my bank account statements to hand and for the last few months my payments had being taking out by direct debt.so I call the customer service and my account shows up with a large amount of 300 euro which needless to say I was very surprised by. So I inform your customer service rep and he just says not there not paid that's incorrect we haven't had a payment. And I then said I'm looking at my bank statement this minute and it's shown paid .He then proceeded to say I was lien and it doesn't happen like that. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said no1 was available. So I said we'll can you get someone to look into that please he said il try but there'd nothing to look at.
    I then said we'll listen can I pay half off the account now and wen that's looked into we can get the account credit .to which his response was no I need payment in full nothing else will do so I said we'll eircom have taking my money off me and he just hung up. I have the whole call recorded.
    Now eircom is anyone Gona help me hear I've no problem paying money off the account in order to have the bar lifted but I'm not Gona pay eircom twice so why are u refusing my money what is going on hear can someone help me hear please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

burke027 wrote: »
    Good evening eircom.
    I'm a efibre customer I rang customer care today as my broadband wasn't working. I've being met with the rudest of customer service reps ever. Firstly let me say I have my bank account statements to hand and for the last few months my payments had being taking out by direct debt.so I call the customer service and my account shows up with a large amount of 300 euro which needless to say I was very surprised by. So I inform your customer service rep and he just says not there not paid that's incorrect we haven't had a payment. And I then said I'm looking at my bank statement this minute and it's shown paid .He then proceeded to say I was lien and it doesn't happen like that. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said  no1 was available. So I said we'll can you get someone to look into that please he said il try but there'd nothing to look at.
    I then said we'll listen can I pay half off the account now and wen that's looked into we can get the account credit .to which his response was no I need payment in full nothing else will do so I said we'll eircom have taking my money off me and he just hung up. I have the whole call recorded.
    Now eircom is anyone Gona help me hear I've no problem paying money off the account in order to have the bar lifted but I'm not Gona pay eircom twice so why are u refusing my money what is going on hear can someone help me hear please
    Hi burke027

I am sorry to hear you have had such a bad Customer Service Experience. If you can send me a PM with the Eircom Account no and if you have any additional information such as the name of the person you spoke with and approximate time of call I will investigate this and will refer it to the Customer Service Agents Team Leader.

In relation to the payments I can create a case to be investigated by the Missing Payments team. Can you include in your PM, the following things, dates of payments, payment reference codes and the amount of each payment and I will be able to request the Missing Payment Team to address this.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

Absolutely dreadful response by eircom people they took in total 392 euro from my account but they have no record of it.
    I do tho I've the bank statements to show.and now they want me to pay that balance again in order to lift the bar from my account.
    So people basiclly if u have a bill with eircom and the loose payments r anything your services will be barred and you will have to pay twice.
    I've being warned by so many people with how they treat there customers and now it's happened to me.no help at all from them it's just pay us again or no service

Alan are you Gona come back hear and help me please I need this sorted asap as in I needed it sorted yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Alan are you Gona come back hear and help me please I need this sorted asap as in I needed it sorted yesterday

Hello Burke,

I see Colm was assisting with this. Having investigated this myself I can confirm that should you require re-activation of your service payment will be required in full. This has been advised to you by both Colm and eircoms accounts department.

Having looked in to this further I can also indeed see that a request for payment by direct debit was made by eircom on multiple occasions however each direct debit payment bounced and actually never came out of your bank account. As a result direct debit feature has been taken off your account and payment will be required by alternative method.

Should you wish to challenge this further on the basis that eircom did take money from your bank unreturned you will need to make an official complaint for investigation by contacting eircom accounts on free phone 1901. Before lodging the complaint I advise contacting your bank and discussing this to provide proof via date and reference numbers of payment. Upon lodgling an official complaint the investigative period can take up to 10 working days before you are contacted with a judgement and in the meantime the account will remain taken off service as both eircom accounts and credit management are adamant on the outstanding balance.

Thanks
    Al

So ur calling me a liar that the pay
    ments were not taking is that correct.

Your telling me payments bounced and I'm telling you all payments went our I can email you my account statements.
    But none the less eircom are not will to help out in any shape or form they want me to for out another 350 euro which I have already paid isn't that what you wsnt yea
    Let me tell you I have no problem in paying for my services in fact I can go as far as saying I will pay 70 percent of what you are looking for but that is all I can afford until you come back to me with

• Advertisement

Your telling me payments bounced and I'm telling you all payments went our I can email you my account statements.
    But none the less eircom are not will to help out in any shape or form they want me to for out another 350 euro which I have already paid isn't that what you wsnt yea
    Let me tell you I have no problem in paying for my services in fact I can go as far as saying I will pay 70 percent of what you are looking for but that is all I can afford until you come back to me with the missing payments
    so if this isn't good enough for eircom I will not pay a single cent to eircom and you can have your engineers disconnect the whole lot

Let me tell you I have no problem in paying for my services in fact I can go as far as saying I will pay 70 percent of what you are looking for but that is all I can afford until you come back to me with the missing payments
    so if this isn't good enough for eircom I will not pay a single cent to eircom and you can have your engineers disconnect the whole lot
    Hi burke027

I am conveying eircoms position in response to your query. Full payment will be required for the re-activation of your service and you will need to speak to accounts on 1901 to arrange reconnection should you decide to pay in full.

Thanks
    Al

Guess what Alan
    As requested I paid the whole amount off my bill and it's reactivated but no sign of the credit for my missed payments where is it.
    Not even a phone call nothing.
    Your customer support is shocking I'm owed a total of 209 euro and I haven't heard a thing about it yet it's unacceptable at this stage so now I've paid yous twice is some one going to contact me or do I need to take this matter further.
    209 euro in missed payment which eircom say they never took I have the bank statements which have being emailed twice at this stage to the eircom customer service team not even the decency of a phone call I will be expecting a cheque again the end of the week no more excuses pleasee

Guess what Alan
    As requested I paid the whole amount off my bill and it's reactivated but no sign of the credit for my missed  payments where is it.
    Not even a phone call nothing.
    Your customer support is shocking I'm owed a total of 209 euro and I haven't heard a thing about it yet it's unacceptable at this stage so now I've paid yous twice is some one going to contact me or do I need to take this matter further.
    209 euro in missed payment which eircom say they never took I have the bank statements which have being emailed twice at this stage to the eircom customer service team not even the decency of a phone call I will be expecting a cheque again the end of the week no more excuses pleasee
    Hi burke027

This has been assessed and looked in to in detail and as previously advised a request for payment by direct debit was made by eircom on multiple occasions however each direct debit payment bounced and actually never came out of your bank account.

As a result direct debit feature has been taken off your account which was the reason you paid by alternative method.

Also as previously advised above should you wish to challenge this further on the basis that eircom did take money from your bank unreturned you will need to make an official complaint for investigation by contacting eircom accounts on free phone 1901.

Before lodging the complaint I recommend contacting your bank and discussing this to provide proof with dates and reference numbers of payment.

Thanks
    Al

Hi burke027

This has been assessed and looked in to in detail and as previously advised a request for payment by direct debit was made by eircom on multiple occasions however each direct debit payment bounced and actually never came out of your bank account.

Thanks
    Al
    Bounced very um professional term to use
    my bank and statements say other wise I've logged a complaint
    thanks

ur very unprofessional

• Advertisement

Hi burke027

Thanks
    Al
    Bounced very um professional term to use
    my bank and statements say other wise I've logged a complaint
    thanks

ur very unprofessional
    Hi burke027

Sorry I can't offer you the news you want however lodging an official complaint will offer you eircoms final position on your issue. Should you require any further updates on your complaint please contact accounts on free phone 1901

Al

Advertisement