Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-fibre speed and pc connection

Options
  • 13-10-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    i have e-fibre installed since last wednesday,and when i connect a laptop to the modem directly with an Ethernet cable i'm getting about 28mb speed.

On wireless, i'm getting about 18mb.
    The pc is in the kitchen, and i use dlan ethernet plugs to connect the pc to internet. Before i got fibre, i was getting speeds of 12mb. but now i'm only getting between 5-6mb speed ?

VF are going to get an engineer to check out why i'm not getting approx 45mb to my moden, as they say i should definitely be getting that.

Anyone have any idea's on why the pc speeds would have dropped ? using same modem, only difference is the e-fibre. I have also tried the dlan plugs on other electrical sockets downstairs and some are giving speeds of 18-20mb, an another one is same as pc speed of 5-6mb.

Advertisement